Guardiola has been Stateside without 16 first team regulars, with almost all of them returning this week following an extended break after the World Cup.
City's next game in the competition is against Bayern Munich on Saturday.
"It will be good for them for the future but they know that I always play the guys who run".
"For 75 incredible minutes, the players were so exhausted but worked so hard and for the last part of the game Liverpool brought on incredible quality and deserved to score the goals in the end".
"I said in the previous games how proud I was". In my career, that detail speaks for itself.
Mahrez started all three of Manchester City's preseason fixtures, coming agonisingly close to a debut goal against Borussia Dortmund.
"When you see Robben, Coman, Wagner, Ribery and these exceptional players they make a difference but we overcame the situation".
"They are 17, 18, 19 years old".
Manchester City has completed only one high-profile transfer in the current transfer window in which they broke their club-record for the highest fee paid for a player.
"If we are going to compare November, December, January, comparing the position, we are going to lose all the comparisons with what we have done last season". But I'm so satisfied for the intention.
And the Egyptian phenomenon - who scored 44 goals in all competitions last season - scored less than a minute after his introduction in the second half, which turned Wednesday's game on its head.
Foden is the name on everyone's lips when it comes to finding someone who can inject a creative spark into Gareth Southgate's England team.
Pjanic does not seem to be a player City would be willing to change that for, unlike a Kylian Mbappé type were he to ever become available, so unless hardline negotiators Juventus drop their asking price, the chances of Bosnian star Pjanic rocking up at the Etihad Stadium this summer seem remote.
- Awareness, attention needed to combat hepatitis
- Facebook’s value crashes by $111bn
- Juventus-linked Darmian determined to leave Manchester United despite defensive injuries
- Lunar eclipse: Century's longest 'blood moon' delights skygazers
- How Geraint Thomas all but sealed his historic Tour de France victory
- CBS investigates misconduct claims following report on CEO
- New York Yankees acquire Zach Britton from Baltimore Orioles
- Trump Threatens Iran in Late-night All-caps Tweet
- Furious Serena hits out at doping-test 'discrimination'
- Trump rejects Cohen claim that he knew about 2016 Trump Tower meeting