Though Thomas has said he thinks his daughter is freaking out over her new duties, Meghan's good friend Priyanka Chopra told People that the new royal is "doing wonderful".
Thomas' interview also saw him say he was "really hurt" that Meghan had now "cut him off completely".
Since their royal nuptials on May 19, we've had to get used to seeing Prince Harry and Meghan Markle mostly on royal duty now - and that means their public displays of affection have become nearly a rarity.
Markle went on: "What riles me is Meghan's sense of superiority". Markle complemented her look with nude Aquazzura pumps and blue topaz earrings by one of her favourite jewelry designers, Birks.
Markle then turned on his girl, claiming "she'd be nothing" without him.
"Those numbers were disconnected, they no longer work. I think Meghan's the one who'll bring them into the 21st Century, if they'll let her".
He also said that he received a call from a Royal aid who said, "You have offended the Royal Family but I can help you make an apology".
In an explosive interview published on Sunday, he castigated the "cold" Royal Family and claimed Princess Diana would have "loathed" the way he was being treated. I can see the strain Meghan's under, it's in her face. "That's not what Diana stood for".
The 36 year-old's engagement ring even features a stone from the country, so it's only fitting she joined her husband at the event. "She doesn't even know how to communicate with her dad without knowing he won't exploit her", the insider said.
- Klopp: Karius Champions League final nightmare didn't cause Alisson pursuit
- Juventus-linked Darmian determined to leave Manchester United despite defensive injuries
- California wildfire claims lives of great-grandmother, two children and firefighters
- Unai Emery refuses to rule out more Arsenal signings
- Facebook's value falls $148 billion after Q2 earnings call
- New York Yankees acquire Zach Britton from Baltimore Orioles
- Why the SEC thinks Bitcoin still isn't ready for the big time
- Awareness, attention needed to combat hepatitis
- Trump's trade policy seems to be working at cross purposes
- Total lunar eclipse around the world