Manchester United manager Jose Mourinho warned Anthony Martial that "you can not do whatever you want in life" as the disgruntled Frenchman eyes a departure from Old Trafford. That is because the Portuguese is said to not want to keep an "unhappy" player at the club will "urge" Old Trafford officials to sell.
Valencia hobbled out of the Levi's Stadium but contradicted Mourinho by suggesting he would be fit to face AC Milan in Los Angeles on Tuesday. When you have players like Anthony, like Marcus [Rashford], Jesse [Lingard], Juan [Mata], Alexis [Sanchez], those kind of players that can change the game. "We don't have a team to play much better than we did but (it's) one more training session".
"He's very sad. It's not good for him or me, not good for anyone", said Mourinho. "I am confident with them because they are all unbelievable players and Anthony looks very sharp".
"You work individually with I'd say a personal trainer, which is not the case because he's a member of our staff, we left one guy behind to work with him, we knew by the physical point of view he would be OK". "But he has to play where he belongs, he has to play in the academy and develop physically because physically is where he is not ready. The players showed their intentions".
It is easy to imagine the 22-year-old might look a great deal more convincing at a different club and under a different manager, having been played in an unfamiliar wide role under the demanding Jose Mourinho. If you are at a top club you can't afford to have a couple of bad games.
Asked if he still wants to make more signings before the deadline on August 9, Mourinho said: 'One thing is what I want and another thing is what is going to happen'.
That will mean that potential club in need of his services will have to cough out about £50million for the forward who joined Manchester United at a reported fee of £36m rising up to £58m plus appearances and honours in 2015.
'It is important to remember that this season he scored 11 goals and gave ten assists in five months.
- Israel intercepts ship trying to break Gaza blockade
- New York Yankees trade for Toronto Blue Jays starter J.A. Happ
- Judge temporarily blocks download of 3D-printed plastic gun plans
- Trump open to visiting Moscow, White House says
- Shareef O'Neal Shares Heartfelt Message to LeBron James Jr
- Manchester United back José Mourinho despite manager's transfer frustrations
- New Pixel 3 leaked photos show deeper notch than iPhone X
- Trump Offers Iran Olive Branch Days After Threatening Tweet
- Trump Threatens Government Shutdown over Funding for $25 Billion Border Wall
- Mourinho doubts United will make two signings he wants