"Thanks for all your posts", he wrote on Twitter.
Martial broke his silence shortly after the team landed back in the United Kingdom to confirm he will be back on Thursday, when there may well be a frosty reception despite the public justification of his absence.
The United boss was pressed on whether Martial would be part of his squad upon their return to Manchester and would only say: "I don't know".
The France global has been heavily linked with a move away from Old Trafford in recent weeks. There is still time, though.
Footballers like Romelu Lukaku have such an vast fan following, it's easy to forget they are, at the end of the day, people too and have their own idols.
Mourinho's midfield dynamic did not seem completely balance last season and adding a player of Kovacic's quality would be a positive - but it appears the Red Devils will need to look for other targets. There are many who would love to see him walk away or sacked; they think he is yesterday's man and do not like what United have become under him.
Speaking to Sport Bild, the Bayern chief later said: "I predict today: Lewandowski will play a great season and better his record of 30 league goals for Bayern Munich".
"So, they're coming back three days early to try and be available for the team [against Leicester on August 10]". "We have to be this angry, aggressive, greedy team full of desire that wants to win each game". When I go back to the training ground, players tell me how the team is well built and I can't wait to see them as champions.
- Trial begins for Trump's former campaign chair, Paul Manafort
- Virat Kohli celebrates Joe Root's dismissal with a mic-drop gesture
- New Pixel 3 leaked photos show deeper notch than iPhone X
- No deaths reported in Mexican airliner crash
- Trump Offers Iran Olive Branch Days After Threatening Tweet
- Lewis Hamilton claims faultless win at Hungarian GP
- Harley-Davidson: More accessible 250cc to 500cc bikes on the way
- Apple surges to $1 trillion in market value
- N Korea 'making missiles' despite United States thaw
- Sarah Huckabee Sanders refuses to say media not 'enemy of the people'