"If they had no one, I mean, I believe there's some people out there, I hope". He felt connected to every one of them. Many were in attendance to witness the unveiling as students took part in their first day at the school for at-risk children.
In a video that posted over the weekend, James talked at length about what motivated him to join the Los Angeles Lakers in what could be the final stop of his historic National Basketball Association career.
Today, LeBron James furthered his reach outside of the realm of basketball with the grand opening of the I Promise School in his hometown of Akron, Ohio.
The school is funded by a partnership between Akron City Schools and the LeBron James Family foundation.
"I think Paul did what was best for him".
James has previously shared that his life was turned around between fourth and fifth grades, thanks to the intervention of Frank and Pam Walker. "And on the other hand, I'm moving".
Now, he's giving kids with the same problems a path. "And know, no matter if I'm playing in Los Angeles or not, Akron, Ohio, is always home for me", he said, according to the Washington Post.
- LeBron James (@KingJames) July 29, 2018big dreams for the kids in Akron to give them everything they could need to find their passion, give back to our community and change the world! "This is something I'm at a loss of words for". When asked if he would ever run for office, James said he does not think so. I know exactly what they're going through.
I Promise School has a staff of roughly 40, who are prepped to teach the school's longer days and school year.
James was unaware of Gilbert's pledge.
James spent 11 seasons with the Cavs, winning a title in 2016 to end Cleveland's 52-year drought without a pro sports championship.
Flashing the trademark smile that has routinely graced magazine covers and commercial shoots since he was a junior in high school, James laughed at learning how much earlier his youthful "white friends" ate dinner and went to bed, and noted his surprise at seeing food stored in a pantry. That's a part of the reason why. "That's what the history is all about". "I'm moving to Los Angeles". After adding James, the Lakers - who went 35-47 last season under coach Luke Walton - took the motley crew approach by signing Kentavious Caldwell-Pope, Rajon Rondo, Lance Stephenson, Michael Beasley, and JaVale McGee.
"It was challenging", James said. "So it wasn't as quick as it may seem".
- Apple surges to $1 trillion in market value
- Sarah Huckabee Sanders refuses to say media not 'enemy of the people'
- No deaths reported in Mexican airliner crash
- Apple is first public company worth $1 trillion
- Ruling party Zanu-PF wins majority of parliamentary seats in Zimbabwe election
- Tristan Thompson and Draymond Green Made Peace After Altercation
- Interest rates: Bank of England expected to increase base rate
- Three People Steal Valuable Shark from San Antonio Aquarium
- Motorola's Moto Z3 will work on Verizon's 5G network using Moto Mod
- Voter ID required to stop Democrats' push for non-citizens to vote