The Colombia centre-back is nearly certain to leave Camp Nou with Everton reported to have agreed a fee.
They believe that the deal is "practically closed" and that a contract will be signed before the end of business on Monday.
23-year-old Mina has been attracting interest from around the Premier League, and Everton were hopeful of concluding a deal but they have now turned their attention to United's Marcos Rojo - who is one of the players who will be allowed Old Trafford this summer.
"Jair has told me that they have offers from Everton and Lyon".
There is plenty of Manchester United and Arsenal gossip doing the rounds in the papers with the English giants linked with a whole host of star names.
Mina is a potential target for both clubs, with Barcelona seemingly happy to let the Colombian defender leave the Camp Nou after his short tenure at the club.
As a result, United have opted to look elsewhere for a new signing with Mourinho seemingly desperate to strengthen the central defence before the transfer deadline.
Everton have reportedly lined up LOSC Lille centre-back Adama Soumaoro as a contingency plan in case their pursuit of Barcelona defender Yerry Mina falls through. "We all wish [for him to come to Lyon] to play in the Champions League at [Groupama Stadium]". The French club hope to use their good relationship with Barcelona, established during the 2016 sale of Samuel Umtiti, in their favour.
Silva's Everton had appeared not to be interested in returning to the negotiating table having been messed around by Barca in their attempts to sign Mina, with United's late interest having also muddied the waters.
- Moms of 11 children found at filthy New Mexico compound arrested
- Meghan Markles father, sister in tirade against royal family
- EPL: Lukaku reveals why Mourinho is angry
- Apple surges to $1 trillion in market value
- Sarah Huckabee Sanders refuses to say media not 'enemy of the people'
- Warning as Europe's heat nears record
- California governor asks Trump to aid with fires
- Urban Meyer Placed on Leave While Allegations Investigated
- Trump Administration Wants To Lower Emissions Standards For Cars
- Frustrated Over China Trade War Progress, Trump Considers Escalation