The first official build of Android 9 has build number PPR1.180610.009 for most of us. Now with a proper name, Pie, the OS is ready for release and is available if you have a Google-branded phone. As of late July, just over 10 percent of all Android devices were running Android Oreo.
The update is rolling out immediately, and a few users have already received it. Users who enrolled in the beta program will also receive the stable release OTA.
'Once comfortable with the Pixel 3 and the creator has successfully switched over their contacts, apps, etc to their new phone, Google wants them to share their switching story with the audience'.
These features, however, are available in beta form for Pixel owners and will be available in production form in time for the wide release of Android 9 Pie.
Before getting started, note that Google has only published the final version of Android Pie for its two generations of Pixel phones at the moment.
As a refresher, there are a lot of new features included in Android 9.0 Pie. Adaptive Battery will learn which apps you use the most and prioritize battery to them, while Adaptive Brightness will figure out where you like your phone's brightness in different settings and then set that for you.
But in fact, Lee claims to have seen an advert posted by Google itself on Famebit, a YouTube influencer marketing platform. According to the developers, Android can now learn from your usage habits to determine which apps you use the most.
There's also a dashboard feature similar to Apple's new Screen Time controls in iOS 12, which breaks down exactly how much time you're spending in each app on a daily basis. To get to the phone's app drawer, you'll need to swipe up twice from the home button.
WellBeing, which is the highlight feature, is not going to be available with the Android 9 Pie immediately.
- Virat Kohli celebrates Joe Root's dismissal with a mic-drop gesture
- Urban Meyer Placed on Leave While Allegations Investigated
- Warning as Europe's heat nears record
- LeBron James to open new school for at-risk students
- Trump tweet slams LeBron James, Don Lemon over CNN interview
- China, ASEAN Agree On Draft South China Sea Code Of Conduct
- At least 20 dead in strikes on Yemen's Hodeida - medics
- Moms of 11 children found at filthy New Mexico compound arrested
- Apple surges to $1 trillion in market value
- Donald Trump Echoes Rudy Giuliani: 'Collusion Is Not A Crime'