"What I've noticed over the past few months (is) he's (Trump) kinda used sports to kinda divide us, and that's something that I can't relate to", James told Lemon. "He's doing an fantastic job for his community", said Jordan, according to CNN.
"Lebron James was just interviewed by the dumbest man on television, (CNN presenter) Don Lemon". In the tweet, Trump insults Lemon's and James' intelligence and ends it by saying, "I like Mike!"
James himself steered clear of the matter on social media on Saturday, tweeting only a picture of students at his new school with the message: "Let's get it kids!"
In this July 30, 2018 file photo, LeBron James listens to a question at a news conference after the opening ceremony for the I Promise School in Akron, Ohio. She's not LeBron's only staunch supporter - the basketball star Trump says he likes instead of James is also weighing in, and expressing support for his fellow athlete, and the right to protest.
However, James did touch on politics, expressing disappointment with Trump's relationship to sports teams. In September 2017, James called Trump a bum after he rescinded an invitation for the Golden State Warriors to celebrate their championship with a visit to the White House.
The president implied that he preferred basketball star Michael Jordan, perhaps a reference to the debate over whether Jordan or James were the better player.
Someone else commented: "Lebron's school will make a more powerful and positive impact in more people's than Trump could ever dream of".
James said: "I think racism's always been there".
"Going to the White House was a great honour until you showed up!"
Trump and James have also clashed over the National Football League anthem protests over perceived racial injustice in the US. Stephen Curry, who Mr. Trump claimed past year he disinvited from the White House, wrote "Keep doing you" with a link to James' interview.
- Meghan Markle's Half-Sister Samantha Compares Her to Cruella de Vil
- Moms of 11 children found at filthy New Mexico compound arrested
- Rouhani: Iran can not talk with United States while under sanctions
- Facebook removes Alex Jones, Infowars pages for hate, bullying
- China, ASEAN Agree On Draft South China Sea Code Of Conduct
- Apple surges to $1 trillion in market value
- Manchester City's message for rivals is clear: be afraid
- California governor asks Trump to aid with fires
- Manafort trial day 4: Accountant concedes possible wrongdoing, Manafort's double life
- Meghan Markles father, sister in tirade against royal family