Ewan McGregor will be joined by Hayley Atwell and Peter Capaldi for the European premiere of Christopher Robin today. Universal's Mamma Mia! Here We Go Again landed in fourth, scoring an estimated $9 million from 3,359 theaters.
The action adventure co-starring Alec Baldwin, Simon Pegg, Ving Rhames, Henry Cavill, Rebecca Ferguson and Michelle Monaghan fetched an estimated $US35 million in the USA, easily beating Disney's Christopher Robin, which opened with $US25 million.
Despite its ban from China, Christopher Robin opened to a respectful global box office total of $25 million, good enough for a second place finish for the weekend.
In third was another new release, Lionsgate s "The Spy Who Dumped Me", at $12.4 million. Frequent Washington collaborator Antoine Fuqua (Training Day, The Magnificent Seven) returned to direct the sequel.
Take a look at the pictures right here!
Pulpit Rock (also known as Preikestolen), which sits 2000 feet above Lysefjorden, is the most visited natural tourist attraction in Norway. The solo hero movie stars Paul Rudd, Evangeline Lilly, Michael Pena, Walton Goggins, Bobby Cannavale, Judy Greer, T.I., Michelle Pfeiffer, Laurence Fishburne and Michael Douglas.
The Disney live-action, which tells the story of author A A Milne's son Christopher Robin, will not make it into cinemas across the east Asian nation - the world's second-largest film market. The Marvel tentpole - starring Chadwick Boseman and directed by Ryan Coogler - crossed US$700 million at the domestic box office, one of three films to hit that mark.
Why wouldn't you want to show off a partnership with one of the biggest films of the year and one of the most successful spy franchises of all time? McQuarrie is the first director to helm two films in the franchise.
- Warning as Europe's heat nears record
- Trump tweet slams LeBron James, Don Lemon over CNN interview
- LeBron James to open new school for at-risk students
- Mueller, Trump Lawyers Closing In On Interview Agreement
- Meghan Markle's Half-Sister Samantha Compares Her to Cruella de Vil
- Meghan Markles father, sister in tirade against royal family
- Manafort trial day 4: Accountant concedes possible wrongdoing, Manafort's double life
- Motorola's Moto Z3 will work on Verizon's 5G network using Moto Mod
- Ernesto Valverde to decide Yerry Mina Barcelona future Jordi Mestre
- California governor asks Trump to aid with fires