Mateo is gone on strike to force his way out after Manager Julen Lopetegui claims that the player is not for sale according to the Madrid based news-outlet.
The Croatian has the desire to leave the Spanish giants and already revealed his intentions while he was at the World Cup with Croatia. Modrić is thought to favour a stay at the Bernabéu as long as the club give him a new contract to match Inter's offer.
The midfielder, who has returned from holiday after Croatia's World Cup campaign, is now training with Madrid's Castilla side.
That significant increase is said to be very tempting for Modric, but he has not made up his mind just yet.
Real Madrid take on Roma in a pre-season friendly before going head-to-head with Atletico Madrid in the UEFA Super Cup final.
Speaking after Madrid's 3-1 win over Juventus in the International Champions Cup on Saturday, Lopetegui pointed to Perez's statement as definitive.
It seems that the ball is now in Real Madrid's court.
But speaking in NY ahead of Tuesday's International Champions Cup clash with Roma, Lopetegui said he believed both Croatia internationals were content.
The Croatian midfielder had been linked with a move to Tottenham, who are enduring a bit of an injury crisis in midfield at the moment, but unsurprisingly Spurs have not made a viable offer for the player, despite the fact that he would be the ideal fit. "He is not leaving unless someone pays the 750 million euros of his release clause and not a euro less". Have your say in the comments section below.
- Manafort trial day 4: Accountant concedes possible wrongdoing, Manafort's double life
- Manchester City's message for rivals is clear: be afraid
- China, ASEAN Agree On Draft South China Sea Code Of Conduct
- Paul Pogba holds secret talks with Barcelona chief
- Largest wildfire in California history
- Sixth `Mission Impossible' Tops Box Office Results Again
- Melania praises LeBron James after Trump insults National Basketball Association star
- Meghan Markle's Half-Sister Samantha Compares Her to Cruella de Vil
- Everything you need to know about the Saudi Arabia-Canada fallout
- Meghan Markles father, sister in tirade against royal family