United went on to win the match and give their season a flying start after a summer of reported misery at Old Trafford.
Oozing confidence following his victory at the World Cup and as Manchester United's new captain, Pogba attempted to lead from the front by taking the shot.Cool as you like it, the United skipper toyed with Schmeichel in his run-up before placing the ball in the Leicester keeper's left side corner.
United were outstanding in the early stages and I think the Foxes were in shock at the way they came out of the blocks and took control of the game.
Mourinho would rather have had more bodies available due to successful transfers - and made one pointed reference to his own role in the recruitment process - but he could not fail to be impressed by Pogba's powerhouse showing in the 2-1 win. Alexis Sanchez was desperate to take the spot-kick but captain Paul Pogba eventually slotted away in the third minute after the longest run up in history.
"We don't have many solutions and we want to go with everything we have".
Despite the rumoured transfer conflict between Jose Mourinho and Paul Pogba, Mourinho handed the captaincy to Pogba, and the French midfielder delivered in style. "I had my plans for many months and I find myself with the market closed in a situation I did not think I would be in", said the former Chelsea and Real Madrid manager. "Marcus Rashford was in trouble but he played", said Mourinho. "We must get used to teams who have players of the same quality that we have".
Pogba played a key part in France's successful World Cup campaign and was therefore allowed to miss most of United's pre-season.
"Football is changing. Probably football managers should be called more head coaches".
The biggest news is World Cup victor Paul Pogba being named as captain; whether this is a permanent decision remains to be seen.
Pogba has been strongly linked with a move to Barcelona in recent weeks, amid suggestions that he was disappointed by Mourinho's faint praise of his achievement as he played a pivotal role in helping France win the World Cup in Russian Federation this summer.
"I'll always give my best to the fans and my teammates no matter what's going on", he wrote, along with #pogfeelings. I was fantastic spirit, and there were periods of very good football.
He spoke at length about the hard yards put in by him.
"He had the first three or four days of training and first couple of matches where he played 40 or 50 minutes".
- Mourinho speaks on teams that can win title
- All the Best Memes & Reactions — Space Force Logo
- Former Inter Player Kovacic Talks About Modric & His Move To Chelsea
- Mourinho 'angry and frustrated' after Man Utd centre-half signing flop
- USA imposes sanctions on Russian Federation over Skripal poisonings in Salisbury
- Takeaways From Day 8 of the Paul Manafort Trial
- Virat Kohli questions mentality of Indian top order
- Trump's tariff tweet inflames Turkey's economic crisis and strained US relations
- The Network posted a promotional video of the Samsung Galaxy Note 9
- Manchester United tell Jose Mourinho to develop players at Old Trafford?