Newcastle on the other hand have had their own kind of upheaval with a recent media boycott by the players to force management of the club pay them their due bonuses for the past season. It carried them to automatic promotion last season, and they're betting on it to keep them up this season.
Sarri, who took over from Antonio Conte in July, said that he now had a month to try to shape his new side before midweek Europa League games were added to the mix. I think he would.
"Of course it's hard to understand for people in football that Tottenham didn't sign or sell players, but sometimes in football you need to behave differently", he said.
Two of the newly-promoted clubs in Fulham and Cardiff City, runners-up and play-off winners of the Championship respectively, couldn't mark their first game back in the Premier League with any points.
Cenk Tosun brought a parry from Rui Patricio with a shot from outside the area before, at the other end, Pickford stood up to block a driven effort from Raul Jimenez when the summer signing was through on goal.
After 22 years with Arsene Wenger at the helm, Arsenal enter into a new chapter this season with head coach Unai Emery.
The 30-year-old has found it hard at times to secure minutes since the arrival of the German, but with Brazil's number one now also in the frame, the Belgium global will be forced to look elsewhere for first-team football.
"When you sign Lukaku and Pogba for more money combined than we signed our four players it probably means the money side of it isn't as true as he'd like to believe". One week you can beat one of your title rivals and the next you can lose to a team fighting against relegation.
The Premier League opportunity has been a long time coming for Ralls, who, having joined the club in 2010 as a youngster, has had to work his way through to the first team.
"I hope, I expect, my club to be strong enough and powerful enough that when the market closes for us, we can also close our doors and say, "It doesn't matter (what) the offer (is), we've closed the market to buy and to sell".
Cardiff City also tasted defeat on their return to the elite - midfielder Ryan Fraser's first-half goal and forward Callum Wilson's late strike securing the three points for Bournemouth at the Vitality Stadium.
"No team has retained the title in more than a decade, but we are confident we can meet that challenge".
- Oil steady as concern over Iran sanctions offset weak Chinese imports
- White supremacist rally set for Sunday in D.C.
- Tiger charges into the hunt as Koepka takes lead at 100th PGA
- Can Galaxy Note 9 Restore Samsung's Smartphone Business?
- Erdogan warns of campaign against Turkey as lira plummets
- India vs England, 2nd Test: Dawid Malan, Ben Stokes of England squad
- Mourinho 'angry and frustrated' after Man Utd centre-half signing flop
- Dolphins, Eagles players protest during national anthem
- Gary Woodland retains lead at PGA Championship
- Manchester United tell Jose Mourinho to develop players at Old Trafford?