Boateng, however, could still move to PSG where new head coach Thomas Tuchel is reported to have been in contact with ahead of the 2018 World Cup.
As per one of the latest reports by The Telegraph, Paul Pogba has told his Manchester United teammates that he is desirous to leave the Old Trafford. 22-year-old Benjamin Pavard is rumored to have already signed an agreement with the Munich outfit during this summer's World Cup in Russian Federation.
Mourinho is frustrated at a lack of transfer activity since the early arrivals of Fred, Diogo Dalot and Lee Grant. It certainly feels like a substantial fee for a player who's not played his best football for the best part of two years and so Bayern Munich may be wise to lower their asking price.
The 29-year-old also revealed that the pair have been in regular contact via text message and Willian claims Mourinho has held talks with his agent to make it clear he wants to take him to Old Trafford. "Silence these rumours ASAP & get @AlderweireldTob through the door".
United start their Premier League campaign on Friday at Leicester and, speaking on Sunday, Mourinho said: "My CEO knows what I want and I still have a few days to wait and see what happens. But we have enough competence in the leadership for the decision".
Where do you think Boateng should play this season?
The one negative for Bayern Munich came in the second half when David Alaba was forced off through injury, and it's expected that the Austrian has suffered a serious twisted ankle.
- Tiger charges into the hunt as Koepka takes lead at 100th PGA
- José Mourinho takes aim at Manchester United’s board
- India vs England, 2nd Test: Dawid Malan, Ben Stokes of England squad
- Chelsea had £90m bid for Atletico Madrid's Jan Oblak rejected
- Bird tests positive for West Nile virus in Door County
- Trump's tariff tweet inflames Turkey's economic crisis and strained US relations
- Erdogan warns of campaign against Turkey as lira plummets
- Liverpool newcomer Keita grateful for Sturridge support
- England vs India 2nd Test, Day 3: Hosts lose openers Jennings, Cook
- Michael Moore's Trump documentary will release in September