Strzok helped lead the investigation into Russian meddling during the 2016 election.
Earlier this year, Attorney-General Jeff Sessions fired Federal Bureau of Investigation deputy director Andrew McCabe after a scathing report by the US Justice Department's internal watchdog concluded he had leaked information to reporters and misled investigators about his actions.
In another message, Trump asked if the special counsel investigation, which took over Strzok's probe, should be ended given Strzok's termination.
In one text, Strzok said he hoped there was "no way" Trump would get elected.
'It is a total Hoax.
"Just fired Agent Strzok, formerly of the FBI, was in charge of the Crooked Hillary Clinton sham investigation".
He said the firing "should be deeply troubling to all Americans".
Other congressmen agreed with Strzok's firing. It's unclear if he plans to pursue legal action against the bureau.
The FBI has fired agent Peter Strzok, known for exchanging text messages vowing to prevent Donald Trump from being elected while investigating Hillary Clinton's abuse of classified information and later alleged Trump campaign collusion with Russian Federation.
The Justice Department IG found Strzok had "bias" but found Strzok and Page hadn't let their views impact their decisions on cases.
In another exchange, in October 2016, Mr Strzok writes to Ms Page: "I am riled up".
According to Strzok's lawyer, the deputy director ordered his dismissal last week.
Pres. Trump out with his reaction now. When the texts were sent, Trump was running for the Republican nomination.
When Strzok testified during a heated hearing with lawmakers last month, he insisted that his personal opinions of Trump hadn't affected his work. That would have put him on thin ice if he were commit another offense.
Strzok's lawyer, Aitan Goelman, expressed his disappointment at Bowdich's decision. Wray promised that process would be "done by the book". "T$3 he decision to terminate was taken in response to political pressure". In describing his 21 years at the FBI, The New York Times said, "He rose quickly through its ranks, earning a reputation within the bureau as one of its most savvy and reliable counterintelligence agents".
- Trump didn't know Omarosa had been fired, new tape seems to show
- Klitschko faces must-win bout against Fury
- Jury: Roundup Caused California Man's Cancer; Awards $250 Million
- Jose Mourinho Reportedly Confused At Paul Pogba’s ‘Fined’ Comments
- California governor declares state of emergency as fires threaten thousands of homes
- Hundreds Injured in Romanian Anticorruption Protests
- Gary Woodland retains lead at PGA Championship
- Mauricio Pochettino salutes Tottenham's returning World Cup stars
- Top smartphones for gaming
- England vs India 2nd Test, Day 3: Hosts lose openers Jennings, Cook