The France World Cup victor, who moved to Old Trafford in 2016 in a US$114 million (RM465.5 million) transfer deal, has been linked with another big-money move, to Barcelona, following a series of apparent fallouts with United manager Jose Mourinho.
Mourinho is expected to address the issue when he next speaks this week ahead of the game against Brighton and Hove Albion on Sunday, although it is understood that Pogba's words came out the blue for the United manager.
Despite being able to broker a number of lucrative sponsorship deals around the globe, Woodward has failed to deliver players for all of the managers in his tenure, with current boss Jose Mourinho being the latest Man Utd boss to vent his frustrations at not receiving his transfer targets.
Pogba excelled for France at Russian Federation 2018.
It was an impressive display that led to a standing ovation and hope that the Old Trafford crowd would now see the best from a supremely talented midfielder.
"If you're not happy, you can not give your best".
Asked about the differences between playing for France and playing for United, Pogba said: "I am the same, but it's a different team, obviously".
The World Cup victor did little to ease the situation after stating that there are things he "cannot say otherwise I will get fined". "There are things that I can not say otherwise I will get fined".
"When I was here before, Rio (Ferdinand) was captain". No, I just have to be myself and do what I know, do what I can do and do what I know to do.
Since leaving the club in 2011, Van der Sar has gained acclaim from his work at Ajax, where his professional senior career began and it is this post-playing career success which has left him as a viable option to become Manchester United's first ever Director Of Football. I came in the academy, I grew up.
'I actually like the signings Jose Mourinho has made, they're more along the lines of the players I'd like to see at this football club'.
- India vs England, 2nd Test: Dawid Malan, Ben Stokes of England squad
- United hunt for defender drags on as transfer deadline looms
- Chelsea, Tottenham dispel doubts with winning starts in EPL
- Trump's tariff tweet inflames Turkey's economic crisis and strained US relations
- Spieth seeks Career Slam, end to win drought at 100th PGA
- Hundreds Injured in Romanian Anticorruption Protests
- Bird tests positive for West Nile virus in Door County
- Michael Moore's Trump documentary will release in September
- Another strong aftershock hits Indonesia's Lombok island
- Mauricio Pochettino salutes Tottenham's returning World Cup stars