Barcelona director Ariedo Braida now claims they will not bid for the France midfielder this summer, although they do admire the World Cup victor.
Mourinho takes his United side to Brighton on Sunday for their next league game but, before that, he faces the press on Friday.
"There are things I can't say, otherwise I will get fined".
Pogba's comments have left Mourinho feeling bemused, especially after giving him the captain's armband and praising him after the match. Even if the two can resolve their differences, it is unlikely to alter Pogba's determination to leave Old Trafford for a second time.
"United seem to be not too sure what's going on".
Furthermore, The Sun have reported that Mino Raiola, Pogba's agent, is playing a major role behind the scenes.
Sportsmail understands that Pogba's desire to play for Barcelona is the main reason for his wish to leave, and the fall-out with Mourinho is now a secondary issue.
"Essentially what tends to happen, as we've seen many a year, especially surrounding Mourinho, it's nearly a player revolt at times".
"I think the manager is very happy with me and the fans are very happy with me".
"Almost rightly so, he's achieved so much in the game, he deserves that thought process but unfortunately I feel like he will be one that loses out and ends up losing his job because the club will be desperate to keep hold of Paul Pogba".
While Premier League clubs have seen their recruitment deadline pass, teams across Europe remain in the market for late additions in their respective windows.
In his first season, under former boss Louis van Gaal, he made 16 league appearances - his most at Old Trafford during a single league campaign.
This is despite finishing 19 points behind Manchester City.
- Omarosa’s White House recordings fuel Trump woes
- Five things we learned in the Premier League
- Taliban cling to pockets of Afghan city after assault
- Turkey’s lira steadies amid Erdogan’s move to boycott U.S. electronic products
- Trump To Soldiers: It's A New Day For The US Military
- 'Overlooked' Koepka hopes win will bring recognition
- Trump didn't know Omarosa had been fired, new tape seems to show
- Hundreds Injured in Romanian Anticorruption Protests
- United hunt for defender drags on as transfer deadline looms
- Tiger Woods' PGA Championship arrival had the golf world shook