The knee injury Belgian suffered against Everton in the League Cup semi-final in 2016 saw him miss around two months' of action.
"We don't just rely on one player".
De Bruyne enjoyed a successful summer with Belgium at the World Cup in Russian Federation, with his country managing to finish third after losing out to eventual winners France in the semi-finals.
Meanwhile City's opponents this weekend, David Wagner's Huddersfield, are now trading at 30.0 to stun Pep Guardiola's men, in from 44.0 which Betfair Exchange stated was "the highest a team has ever been to win a Premier League game".
According to www.metro.co.uk, De Bruyne faces around two months out after suffering the injury when he caught his studs in the turf before leaving the training ground on crutches.
"He had so much impact on our game".
"He is very important".
He was a second-half substitute in the 2-0 Premier League-opening victory over Arsenal on Sunday, coming on in the 60th minute.
Raheem Sterling and Bernardo Silva grabbed the goals at the Emirates Stadium to give the reigning champions the flawless start to the new campaign.
Jurgen Klopp's side are expected to be in the mix for the league crown and are viewed as the most likely challengers to Man City. They have given me a fantastic squad.
Ok, so De Bruyne out however sad is good news for us.
- Hundreds Injured in Romanian Anticorruption Protests
- Five things we learned in the Premier League
- [H]ardOCP: NVIDIA Unveils Turing GPU for the RTX Quadro Lineup
- Jose Mourinho Reportedly Confused At Paul Pogba’s ‘Fined’ Comments
- Tiger Woods' PGA Championship arrival had the golf world shook
- Man arrested following crash into security barriers at Houses of Parliament
- Hundreds gather in United States city to oppose white supremacy
- Trump To Soldiers: It's A New Day For The US Military
- 'Overlooked' Koepka hopes win will bring recognition
- Chelsea had £90m bid for Atletico Madrid's Jan Oblak rejected