The knee injury Belgian suffered against Everton in the League Cup semi-final in 2016 saw him miss around two months' of action.
"We don't just rely on one player".
De Bruyne enjoyed a successful summer with Belgium at the World Cup in Russian Federation, with his country managing to finish third after losing out to eventual winners France in the semi-finals.
Meanwhile City's opponents this weekend, David Wagner's Huddersfield, are now trading at 30.0 to stun Pep Guardiola's men, in from 44.0 which Betfair Exchange stated was "the highest a team has ever been to win a Premier League game".
According to www.metro.co.uk, De Bruyne faces around two months out after suffering the injury when he caught his studs in the turf before leaving the training ground on crutches.
"He had so much impact on our game".
"He is very important".
He was a second-half substitute in the 2-0 Premier League-opening victory over Arsenal on Sunday, coming on in the 60th minute.
Raheem Sterling and Bernardo Silva grabbed the goals at the Emirates Stadium to give the reigning champions the flawless start to the new campaign.
Jurgen Klopp's side are expected to be in the mix for the league crown and are viewed as the most likely challengers to Man City. They have given me a fantastic squad.
Ok, so De Bruyne out however sad is good news for us.
- Turkey’s lira steadies amid Erdogan’s move to boycott U.S. electronic products
- Tiger Woods' PGA Championship arrival had the golf world shook
- 'Overlooked' Koepka hopes win will bring recognition
- Horizon Air Q400 Hijacked from Seattle
- Jose Mourinho Reportedly Confused At Paul Pogba’s ‘Fined’ Comments
- United hunt for defender drags on as transfer deadline looms
- Hundreds Injured in Romanian Anticorruption Protests
- White House condemns Turkey's tariffs on U.S. imports
- Hundreds gather in United States city to oppose white supremacy
- Man arrested following crash into security barriers at Houses of Parliament