Cech himself admitted that he was being asked to perform differently from the majority of his career by sometimes playing nearly as a spare outfielder and had his efforts highlighted on social media by new signing Bernd Leno's former club Bayer Leverkusen.
According to reports in the Star, Unai Emery is unhappy with the weight of some of his players in the Arsenal squad and believes they are "too fat". "Also, with Bernd Leno".
"We might know a guy." they replied to one Tweet highlighting Cech's error, seemingly suggesting their former number one Leno would be more adept at implementing Emery's vision.
Hazard appeared to let the game slip over his future when he changed his display picture on Twitter to a shot of him as captain in a pre-season match against Lyon.
The new boss starts life in English football with a baptism of fire as Arsenal host defending champions Manchester City on Sunday, where Emery has five new signings to potentially include in his starting line-up.
Emery, however, has been handed a timely boost ahead of only his second Premier League outing.
"I am very happy with Cech's performance - he has experience, he has quality, he has the capacity", Emery said, via The Telegraph. We have to stay positive, work on the things we did well and improve on the rest. We need - with security, with confidence - to build in each match and training session. "It is hard to test ourselves in a first game like this against City because they are so strong".
The Gunners began life under the Spaniard with a 2-0 defeat at home to Manchester City last weekend, but their is no shame in that, considering the quality of Pep Guardiola's side.
- ‘Queen of Soul’ Aretha Franklin Dies at the Age of 76
- Omarosa’s White House recordings fuel Trump woes
- Omarosa's publisher tells Trump campaign: We 'will not be intimidated'
- Tiger Woods' PGA Championship arrival had the golf world shook
- Aretha Franklin, Queen Of Soul, Dies At 76
- JUST IN: Barcelona make final decision on Paul Pogba
- Red alert sounded in 12 districts
- Sarah Sanders' Claim About Obama's Black Job Creation Was Way Off
- Jalen Ramsey Critical Of Josh Allen, Matt Ryan
- Qatar pledges $15 billion of investment in Turkey