That, she quipped, was Gloria Steinem's role. However, something tells me she's got a mattress or TV stashed somewhere with thousands of dollars in it like Big Momma's house on Soul Food just waiting to inflate that $60M number. "So much the better!" He also worked with Franklin on her 1999 autobiography, "Aretha: From These Roots".
"You know, for the last couple of days, it has not been good". Her body lied in repose at the museum, followed by her funeral at Greater Grace Temple. And that was special, and when I saw the cheque I said 'what was that for?' According to TMZ, when Ariana arrived on set, producers asked if she would perform an Aretha tribute, but Ariana said she was too emotional in the wake of her death. "A good friend of mine. but I'm still gonna do it anyway". There's the slinky electric keyboard that starts the song off, and the acoustic piano that chimes in later in a thundering gospel style; there's a tight rhythm section, and the horns painting a shifting series of colors behind the singer.
Franklin's family said in a statement that this is one of the darkest moments of their lives, and they aren't able to find the words to express the pain they have in their heart.
"'Respect' was a mantra for the Civil Rights Movement". Her talent transcended genres and not only earned her the title of the "Queen of Soul" but also the distinction of being the first woman to be inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. But to call her the greatest female singer is to ignore that in the view of so many she was the greatest singer, period.
Given Aretha Franklin's incredible talent and the generations of people who loved her, Obama obviously wasn't the only big name to humbly pay their respects after learning of her passing. Absolutely heartbroken she's gone, what a woman.
Franklin was cemented as a superstar in the 1960's, with classic hits such as "Respect", "Think", "I Say A Little Prayer" and "Chain of Fools" making her an icon around the world. But in Franklin's rendition, somehow it became, unmistakably, about womanhood. "It's an honor to have met her and we're gonna celebrate her".
- Aretha Franklin, Queen Of Soul, Dies At 76
- Donald Trump pays tribute to Aretha Franklin
- Red alert sounded in 12 districts
- Trevor Noah: Trump and Brennan both guilty of 'lying' and 'internet outbursts'
- Full List Of Phones Getting The Latest Android 9 Pie Update
- Sen. John McCain's eponymous defense authorization bill, President Trump slams Sen. McCain
- JUST IN: Barcelona make final decision on Paul Pogba
- Aretha Franklin dies at 76
- Halep topples Garcia to reach semi-finals of Rogers Cup
- Raised highway collapses in Italian city of Genoa, many cars believed involved