This does explain a lot as to why my Pixel XL hasn't been quick charging to its full extent. So, if you have any of the above mentioned smartphones then you will surely receive Android Pie update on that. Google has acknowledged the issue and has said that it will soon issue a software patch that will fix the problem.
Many users started noticing the issue because the same message does not pop up anymore.
Recent Android operating systems tell the user just how quickly their device is charging, ranging from "Charging slowly", to "Charging" and preferably "Charging rapidly". Pixel 3 XL can have a big notch located at the top section.
Today, that "upcoming version of Android" is known as Android 9 Pie and it's set for a release later in the year even though it's already available to a handful of devices including HMD Global's own Nokia 7 Plus which is running the final developer preview of Android Pie.
To fix this, go to Settings, navigate to Apps and Notifications settings, tap Notifications, find Google Play Services and disable the notifications from the service. Scroll down and tap "About Phone". Unless, that is, you're willing - or able - to root your handset.
The situation has come as a surprise to many developers and users.
Open the Suggestions tab from the list. To disable it, tap the toggle option so that it becomes gray.
For instance, if you even select the name of a restaurant around your place, the smart selection tool will automatically suggest you with the action to book a table. Currently, due to the lack of a solution to solve the problem, Google has postponed the issue "for consideration" for a future Android update. The company acknowledges the slowdown of the unlocking process was a side-effect of the previous fix that has been a part of the Pixel 2 XL since the June Android update. According to impacted device owners, their Pixel XL smartphones no longer fast charge after installing the latest Android update, forcing them to charge at normal or slow speeds.
- Geordie Greig: VS Naipaul died peacefully after reading Tennyson
- JUST IN: Barcelona make final decision on Paul Pogba
- Man arrested following crash into security barriers at Houses of Parliament
- Red alert sounded in 12 districts
- Turkey threatens to fight back against United States sanctions
- Omarosa's publisher tells Trump campaign: We 'will not be intimidated'
- Berat Albayrak: Turkey to emerge 'stronger' from currency crisis
- Arsenal goalkeeper brutally trolled by Bundesliga club
- Turkey’s lira steadies amid Erdogan’s move to boycott U.S. electronic products
- White House condemns Turkey's tariffs on U.S. imports