Jonas is now in Mumbai with his parents where he has been meeting Chopra's family and celebrating the engagement with a traditional Roka ceremony, in which the families exchange gifts and bless the couple.
Celebrating the couple's impending nuptials, Jonas, 25, and Chopra, 36, who allegedly got engaged after just two months of dating, hosted a lavish traditional roka ceremony with their nearest and dearest.
Priyanka Chopra or Nick Jonas have not officially announced their wedding to either the Indian or American media.
It's party-o-clock for Priyanka Chopra, Nick Jonas and everyone in the family who witnessed these two people commit to each other today, in a cultural cross that we haven't seen so far.
Priyanka Chopra Nick Jonas roka rituals underway
Jonas's future sister-in-law, Game of Thrones star Sophie Turner, also took to Instagram to bless the happy couple with a heartfelt, saccharine message. Tiffany is the jeweller that closed down its London store for Nick to buy an engagement ring for Priyanka.
According to reports, Nick's family and Chopra's met for the first time earlier this week when the couple landed in Mumbai on Thursday. "I love you both @nickjonas", she wrote on Instagram. "My heart, My love".
Chopra shared more photos from the engagement ceremony on social media shortly thereafter. Everyone from Ranveer Singh, Hrithik Roshan, Alia Bhatt, Varun Dhawan, Sonam Kapoor, Shraddha Kapoor, Malaika Arora, Preity Zinta and many others, wished the newly-engaged couple on their happy day. "He's definitely very serious about her", a separate source added.
Apart from family members, close friends of Priyanka from the industry were also seen at the event.
- Raised highway collapses in Italian city of Genoa, many cars believed involved
- This is the Moto AI - Motorola's first smart speaker
- Trevor Noah: Trump and Brennan both guilty of 'lying' and 'internet outbursts'
- Recording: Omarosa offered $15000 a month to be 'positive'
- Tributes flow for 'rare treasure' Aretha Franklin who died at 76
- Qatar pledges $15 billion of investment in Turkey
- Donald Trump pays tribute to Aretha Franklin
- Fox News apologizes for using Patti LaBelle’s photo in Aretha Franklin tribute
- Elon Musk: This Has Been The Most Painful Year Of My Career
- Rescue teams continue search for Italy bridge collapse survivors