Guardiola has promised he will be far tougher on his players this season and there was no sense of complacency in an impressive 2-0 win at Arsenal to open their title defence last weekend.
De Bruyne, a World Cup semi-finalist with Belgium earlier this year, is likely to be sidelined for around two to four months, according to British media reports. It is a tournament, you need to be good at the right time.
"I was only 20 years old when I chose to sign for Chelsea, and I got my chances in the first few games and I thought, okay, things are going well, I play okay, we won the games", he said.
Man City may have a catalogue of star players in their ranks but De Bruyne's absence will unquestionably be a huge loss - especially given the timing - and it now appears that punters have taken note.
De Koster revealed that De Bruyne is hopeful of making a swift recovery from the injury.
Instead Guardiola tells his players in the aftermath of victory: "You killed them [United] while playing football and even in the bad moments you were there, guys".
Nevertheless, Gundogan is hopeful De Bruyne is able to feature again soon given his importance to their title charge last term.
In the first of eight episodes, viewers witnessed in-depth interviews with Guardiola, Sergio Aguero and Kevin de Bruyne, who arrived to the screening on crutches after injuring his knee in training. "I am lucky that I like to play the way already that he implemented so it was an easier transition, more natural". "If you explain what you are thinking then there is no problem".
- Aretha Franklin, Queen Of Soul, Dies At 76
- Husband arrested in connection with missing pregnant wife, 2 daughters in Colorado
- Rescue teams continue search for Italy bridge collapse survivors
- Aretha Franklin dies at 76
- Full List Of Phones Getting The Latest Android 9 Pie Update
- Trump Says He'll Yank Bruce Ohr's Security Clearance 'Very Quickly'
- This is the Moto AI - Motorola's first smart speaker
- Turkey refuses to release pastor despite threat of USA sanctions
- Sen. John McCain's eponymous defense authorization bill, President Trump slams Sen. McCain
- Red alert sounded in 12 districts