Fury, the former world heavyweight champion, cleared the way for a fight with Wilder, the current WBC titleholder, by winning the second bout of his comeback on Sunday (NZ time).
"They called, I answered".
The English footballing legend was seen landing a couple of cheeky digs to the WBC World Heavyweight Champion's chin and ribs today, before planting a kiss on his cheek. Wilder will be ringside, and he and Fury are widely expected to step into the ring together in November.
His boxing license was suspended in October 2016, but was reinstated in January of this year. Fury's father, John Fury, who was on the stage, had to be held back as the pair shouted at each other.
Pianeta weighed in lighter than Fury at 18st exactly.
A bout between Wilder and Joshua has been mooted for several months but drawn-out negotiations have failed, with the Alabama fighter stating he is now not interested in facing Joshua at Wembley in April, despite a date at the stadium already being in place.
Fury won every round of tonight's contest and he did so in commanding style.
Andy Haworth, managing director of strategy and content at BT Consumer, said: "We couldn't have asked for a more exciting line up to kick off BT Sport Box Office. It's no secret that I need the rounds".
Fury then told him: "I'm knocking you the f*** out, boy".
It's going off in Belfast, Northern Ireland.
"I can't wait to fight you because I am going to knock you out".
Many have voiced concerns that Fury is not ready to face Wilder, including Matchroom Sport Promoter Eddie Hearn, who manages three-belt unified heavyweight titleholder Anthony Joshua, but Fury will have another opportunity on Saturday to answer his critics.
- Fox News apologizes for using Patti LaBelle’s photo in Aretha Franklin tribute
- ‘Queen of Soul’ Aretha Franklin Dies at the Age of 76
- Nick Jonas & Priyanka Chopra Announce Their Marriage Engagement
- James Clapper: Trump revoking our security clearances would be 'very, very petty'
- Donald Trump pays tribute to Aretha Franklin
- Trump Says He'll Yank Bruce Ohr's Security Clearance 'Very Quickly'
- Liverpool must get better to mount Premier League title challenge, warns Klopp
- Full List Of Phones Getting The Latest Android 9 Pie Update
- Recording: Omarosa offered $15000 a month to be 'positive'
- No verdict as Manafort jury breaks for weekend