Sergio AGUERO opened his account for the season by scoring a hat trick for Manchester City while Facundo FERREYRA scored his first for Benfica.
There is uncertainty over where City's scheduled away clash with Spurs on October 28 will take place because the club's new stadium may not be open and Wembley is booked for an National Football League game.
Though consistently prolific, City's all-time top scorer has not always been a Guardiola favourite and started just 22 league matches last term.
However, City restored their three-goal advantage two minutes into the second half, with David Silva curling home a superb free-kick on his 250th appearance.
Sergio Aguero grabs a hat-trick! 5-1!
Once Aguero broke the deadlock on 25 minutes there was no way back for Huddersfield, and the Argentine followed up with further strikes on 35 and 75 minutes as City made light of the absence of the injured Kevin De Bruyne.
Pereyra has now hit four goals in his last five Premier League games at Vicarage Road and now faces the challenge of transferring that form into away matches - and a game against a exhausted Burnley side who played 120 minutes in midweek is the ideal opportunity for him to shine.
And while United were City's closest rivals for the title last time out, Mourinho's men finished some 19 points behind the Etihad outfit.
"Last season Huddersfield played five at the back".
"We want to help the Premier League". A miserable afternoon at Etihad Stadium for Huddersfield was wrapped up by Terence Kongolo's 84th-minute own-goal.
"In the end, it wasn't a tactical decision which decided the game, it was just the quality we faced today", he said.
Two wins from two at a canter for Guardiola's boys.
"I never saw him like this since I was here, he is in an incredible condition with the ball and without the ball", Guardiola said.
- Turkey threatens to fight back against United States sanctions
- Berat Albayrak: Turkey to emerge 'stronger' from currency crisis
- Turkey refuses to release pastor despite threat of USA sanctions
- Italy’s Autostrade to announce plan for victims, city after bridge collapse
- Andy Murray out of Cincinnati Masters after Lucas Pouille defeat
- Sen. John McCain's eponymous defense authorization bill, President Trump slams Sen. McCain
- No verdict as Manafort jury breaks for weekend
- Husband arrested in connection with missing pregnant wife, 2 daughters in Colorado
- WBC champ Wilder crashes Fury's weigh
- Walker: De Bruyne injury a blow - but we'll cope