For the first time in almost two years, Jose Mourinho´s men conceded more than twice with all three Brighton goals arriving before half-time through Glenn Murray, Shane Duffy and a Pascal Gross penalty. "They had more hunger than us and the result is the right one for them". I put myself first, that my attitude wasn't right enough.
Pogba scored a penalty of his own in injury-time but United did not have any time to find an equaliser as they succumbed to a hugely deflating defeat.
Brighton is all set to be the location for Manchester United's first away game of the season, as the Red Devils hope to make it two wins in a row.
"If I was in your position, I think this game today would give me quite a lot of material to write about". We made mistakes we shouldn't make. We made mistakes we shouldn't make'.
United's boss hit out at City, claiming "you can't buy class" in reaction to Amazon's behind-the-scenes account of last season at the Etihad Stadium.
"Especially that third goal - we expected to come [in at half-time] at 2-1 with positivity - then the third goal killed us off in the second half".
'You don't need other people to tell you. The story could have been very different for the visitors had Lukaku not wasted a huge chance to open the scoring when he pulled his shot wide of the near post 10 minutes in.
Goal scorer Murray was booked for a challenge on Lindelof, much to the disgust of the home fans, but United were struggling to find any sort of threatening final ball, instead playing hopeful passes forward that were easily dealt with by the Brighton defence.
But after 25 minutes Brighton broke through, March producing another unsafe cross from the left and Murray's sublime flick steering the ball beyond De Gea and into the corner.
Pogba converted his second penalty in as many games after Duffy upended Fellaini, but it was too little, too late for United.
- No verdict as Manafort jury breaks for weekend
- Google workers protest against secret China search engine 'Dragonfly'
- Elon Musk: This Has Been The Most Painful Year Of My Career
- Turkey refuses to release pastor despite threat of USA sanctions
- Aretha Franklin dies at 76
- Turkey threatens to fight back against United States sanctions
- Andy Murray out of Cincinnati Masters after Lucas Pouille defeat
- Fortnite Update V5.21 Brings Heavy Sniper Rifle and Nerf to Minigun
- India seize control after spectacular England batting collapse
- WBC champ Wilder crashes Fury's weigh