"Your the manager, you've got to do whatever it takes to sort that out immediately and not to see that type of performance for the rest of the season", he said after watching the defeat at Brighton in the beIN Sports studio. "Sacked in the morning", they hollered, later repeating the line in the direction of the away team's bus. I know you can not always play very, very good. When they do that, as Harrison Afful does here, there's not much sense in trying to stop the Venezuelan. "They couldn't get a ball in to Lukaku, they couldn't get a ball in to Martial and they couldn't get a ball in to [Marcus] Rashford when he came on". "They've got no presence or anything and there just doesn't seem to be any leaders out their pointing fingers".
Many of Mourinho's stars, including World Cup victor Pogba, new signing Fred and French forward Anthony Martial, were anonymous for long periods, but the boss refused to criticise individuals. He told Press Association Sport: "I do not think Mourinho has handled the Pogba situation very well".
"We thought Paul Pogba might be the ideal candidate to be that leader but he wasn't there today".
"I thought both sides of our game were really good". Yet again Jose Mourinho is making the headlines off the pitch, recently branding rivals Man City of having "No Class" following their new documentary being released.
There is "blood in the water" at Manchester United amid apparent discord behind the scenes, says former Arsenal and England striker Ian Wright.
I can not remember a poorer United performance than the defeat at Brighton, but there were signs afterwards that Mourinho is prepared to change his leadership style. "I do think United will finish in the top four", he said.
Pep Guardiola's side swept through the Premier League and Mourinho requested more players to challenge the Citizens, despite investing 433 million euros in 11 new players since arriving in 2016.
"The traditions at the club went out of the window when they sacked David Moyes halfway through a season, Louis van Gaal after an FA Cup win and appointed Jose Mourinho".
Brighton displayed incessant energy from the initial stages to put United's midfielders into pressure.
- Tributes flow for 'rare treasure' Aretha Franklin who died at 76
- Turkey refuses to release pastor despite threat of USA sanctions
- This is the Moto AI - Motorola's first smart speaker
- No verdict as Manafort jury breaks for weekend
- Andy Murray out of Cincinnati Masters after Lucas Pouille defeat
- United States plans more sanctions against Turkey if pastor not released
- Elon Musk: This Has Been The Most Painful Year Of My Career
- India seize control after spectacular England batting collapse
- Kofi Annan, former U.N. secretary-general, dead at 80
- Rescue teams continue search for Italy bridge collapse survivors