Maurizio Sarri is a heavy smoker. We can sell but we cannot sign players.
But they had him craving one of his trademark cigarettes during a "horrible" 15 minutes when the Gunners forced their way back into a frenetic Premier League London derby.
Contrastingly, Chelsea sit top of the embryonic Premier League table thanks to a flawless start under Maurizio Sarri, but made life hard for themselves after racing into a 2-0 lead inside 20 minutes through Pedro Rodriguez and Alvaro Morata.
Right-back Cesar Azpilicueta earns £120 000 (R2.2 million) weekly at Chelsea, and N'Golo Kante, Willian and Olivier Giroud all reportedly get paid the same wage. I am very happy and it's just the beginning of the new season.
"The players were very good in the second half". Otherwise, for us it is maybe a problem. "I'm fine here. We'll see what happens in a year or two".
It was Alonso who, in the 41st minute, got turned inside-out by Hector Bellerin and he passed to Arsenal's first goalscorer, Henrikh Mkhitaryan, who was free to cross for Alex Iwobi to equalise.
Sarri explained: "I think we have to work to improve in the defensive phase - and we are not only talking about defenders".
Eden Hazard came off the bench to provide the victor for Marcos Alonso as Chelsea edged a thrilling London derby 3-2 over Arsenal on Saturday to condemn new Arsenal boss Unai Emery to a second consecutive defeat.
This will delight Chelsea fans who look set to be able to enjoy the 27-year-old playing for their side for at least another season.
Losses to champions Manchester City and at Chelsea mean Unai Emery remains in search of a first win since succeeding Arsene Wenger as Arsenal boss.
"I think we need to give the players calm and to continue working", he said.
"He works with the ball always and when you always have the ball you have more chances and the strikers have more chances", Morata said of Sarri.
- Nvidia's RTX 2080, RTX 2080 Ti Cards Arrive Sept. 20
- It Was Not Meant to Be an Aretha Tribute — Madonna
- United States plans more sanctions against Turkey if pastor not released
- Trump says his White House lawyer isn’t a ‘RAT’ like Nixon’s
- Strong quake jolts Indonesian island of Lombok
- Nicki Minaj Compared Herself To Harriet Tubman And Twitter Users Are Pissed
- First day of annual hajj pilgrimage in Makkah
- India seize control after spectacular England batting collapse
- Leon Balogun surprised by Manchester United’s ‘slow’ football tactics
- Nick Jonas and Priyanka Chopra celebrate engagement with traditional Indian ceremony