Maurizio Sarri is a heavy smoker. We can sell but we cannot sign players.
But they had him craving one of his trademark cigarettes during a "horrible" 15 minutes when the Gunners forced their way back into a frenetic Premier League London derby.
Contrastingly, Chelsea sit top of the embryonic Premier League table thanks to a flawless start under Maurizio Sarri, but made life hard for themselves after racing into a 2-0 lead inside 20 minutes through Pedro Rodriguez and Alvaro Morata.
Right-back Cesar Azpilicueta earns £120 000 (R2.2 million) weekly at Chelsea, and N'Golo Kante, Willian and Olivier Giroud all reportedly get paid the same wage. I am very happy and it's just the beginning of the new season.
"The players were very good in the second half". Otherwise, for us it is maybe a problem. "I'm fine here. We'll see what happens in a year or two".
It was Alonso who, in the 41st minute, got turned inside-out by Hector Bellerin and he passed to Arsenal's first goalscorer, Henrikh Mkhitaryan, who was free to cross for Alex Iwobi to equalise.
Sarri explained: "I think we have to work to improve in the defensive phase - and we are not only talking about defenders".
Eden Hazard came off the bench to provide the victor for Marcos Alonso as Chelsea edged a thrilling London derby 3-2 over Arsenal on Saturday to condemn new Arsenal boss Unai Emery to a second consecutive defeat.
This will delight Chelsea fans who look set to be able to enjoy the 27-year-old playing for their side for at least another season.
Losses to champions Manchester City and at Chelsea mean Unai Emery remains in search of a first win since succeeding Arsene Wenger as Arsenal boss.
"I think we need to give the players calm and to continue working", he said.
"He works with the ball always and when you always have the ball you have more chances and the strikers have more chances", Morata said of Sarri.
- Madonna’s self-involved Aretha Franklin tribute outrages Twitter
- Hundreds of South Koreans Head North to Reunite With Their Loved Ones
- India seize control after spectacular England batting collapse
- India only one wicket away from a famous win — Twitter Reactions
- Google workers protest against secret China search engine 'Dragonfly'
- First day of annual hajj pilgrimage in Makkah
- Tesla Shares Tumble 9% After Worrisome Elon Musk Interview
- Strong quake jolts Indonesian island of Lombok
- It Was Not Meant to Be an Aretha Tribute — Madonna
- Gmail's new self-destructing emails are now rolling out to mobile devices