The 21-year-old won video of the year and artist of the year.
The 2018 VMA's beat out last year's award ceremony for the smallest audience ever in VMA history. & Rihanna for best editing, Kendrick Lamar & SZA for best visual effects - went mostly unmentioned. And Gambino picked up best direction, choreography and video with a message for his heralded video, "This Is America". Lopez earned two nods for her Cardi B collaboration, "Dinero", which also features DJ Khaled.
Madonna speaks during a tribute to the late singer Aretha Franklin. Madonna even threw in her signature line and joked, "B***h, I'm Madonna". There's so much more to do - to experience - and there is no one I'd rather do it with.
She credited Franklin for being the reason she is as successful as she is today, according to hollywoodreporter.com.
There were a few highlights. On a night that showcased several high-profile performances by Latin artists - including a grabby spot by Colombian superstar Maluma - Balvin and Willy William also won in the category of best Latin for "Mi Gente", which has been streamed almost 2 billion times on YouTube.
Lopez performed a medley of hits including "Ain't It Funny" and "I'm Real" with Ja Rule - while A-Rod watched gleefully from the crowd. We still haven't forgiven her for the way she ruined the Prince tribute on the Billboard Awards in 2016.
"I want to thank you, Aretha, for empowering all of us". She called Rodriguez, who filmed her performance with his phone, "my twin soul".
Alicia Garza, a co-founder of the Black Lives Matter movement, said it "confused" her.
Cardi said as she accepted her moon man.
Sherrie, who gained worldwide fame following the viral success of the video told the Interview Magazine that she blended a number of American and African dance moves, such as Nigeria's Shaku Shaku and the Azonto from Ghana.
Those linear declines were slight compared to the larger ratings drops experienced in recent years by major awards shows such as the Grammys and the Academy Awards. That would be impossible in two minutes with all the noise and tinsel of an award show.
There was one posthumous victor: Avicii, who died in April, won for best dance for "Lonely Together" alongside Rita Ora.
- United States plans more sanctions against Turkey if pastor not released
- Peter Dutton resigns ministry after leadership loss to Malcolm Turnbull
- Post Malone plane makes emergency landing after tires blow during takeoff
- Italy’s Autostrade to announce plan for victims, city after bridge collapse
- Madonna’s self-involved Aretha Franklin tribute outrages Twitter
- India seize control after spectacular England batting collapse
- Leon Balogun surprised by Manchester United’s ‘slow’ football tactics
- EPL 2018 Sergio Aguero hat-trick steers Manchester City to thumping win
- Fortnite Update V5.21 Brings Heavy Sniper Rifle and Nerf to Minigun
- Tesla Shares Tumble 9% After Worrisome Elon Musk Interview