Manchester United are in their sixth season without a title and can not afford to let Mourinho further tarnish the club, its philosophy and, as Jose says, their heritage.
The United manager's relationship with the likes of Anthony Martial and Paul Pogba, both of whom would leave Old Trafford if there was an exit route, has been severely strained for some time, but there are others in the dressing room who have exhausted of Mourinho's approach on and off the field.
Sources have told ESPN FC that a technical director is favoured by Woodward and United's owners, the Glazer family, with the appointment working alongside Woodward and Mourinho rather than being handed the responsibility of driving the recruitment process.
Following Paul Scholes' criticism of Pogba's leadership abilities, the agent sent out two tweets slamming the United legend and questioning his client's future.
"Mourinho talks about class but that is the sign of class in my eyes".
Man United did manage to score twice, but neither goal was a result of free-flowing attacking football, as Romelu Lukaku bundled home a cross and Paul Pogba dispatched a late penalty. "You don't need a manager to tell you that or your team-mates".
"The football's not entertaining and what makes it twice as bad is that their two biggest rivals, Man City and Liverpool, do play exciting football".
The opening weekend win over Leicester did nothing to lift the gloom over the man now at the helm at Old Trafford.
Sharpe says he's been left disappointed by the way the former Chelsea boss has dealt with the likes of Pogba since he's been at the club.
"Paul Pogba is a special talent, a special individual and a special character". Should Man United as a club get their house in order?
"He's not yet come out and said he wants to leave, but if he actually wants to stay, he needs to say that publicly rather than creating a media storm every other day".
But the least United fans could have expected was to go down fighting. This has caused Mino Raiola to ask that United transfer the player.
"There are enough issues at Manchester United without Raiola getting involved".
"We know the English market is quite high and I think that sometimes puts clubs off".
- Peter Dutton resigns ministry after leadership loss to Malcolm Turnbull
- Fortnite Update V5.21 Brings Heavy Sniper Rifle and Nerf to Minigun
- Gmail's new self-destructing emails are now rolling out to mobile devices
- Trump says his White House lawyer isn’t a ‘RAT’ like Nixon’s
- Jose Mourinho: Former England striker Ian Wright fears for Man Utd boss
- WBC champ Wilder crashes Fury's weigh
- Tyson Fury vows to knock out Deontay Wilder in Las Vegas bout
- Manafort Judge Says He's Received Threats, Fears For Jurors' Safety
- First day of annual hajj pilgrimage in Makkah
- Australian PM Malcolm Turnbull survives leadership vote, but threat still remains