Later, the plane landed at the Stewart Airport, just north of New York City.
The rapper is aboard a private jet that took off from New Jersey's Teterboro Airport, and blew its tires upon take off. Post Malone's tour is scheduled to make three stops in the United Kingdom and France this coming weekend.
They were on their way to London Luton Airport, in Luton, England.
UPDATE 2: Post's plane has now been diverted to another airport in NY and is continuing to burn fuel.
Musical artist Post Malone attends The Stronach Group Chalet at 143rd Preakness Stakes on May 19, 2018 in Baltimore, Maryland.
An insider also revealed that air traffic control told the pilot to continue the flight to MA in order to burn more fuel so that it would be safer for a possible crash landing.
As fans of the rapper awaited news of the plane's arrival, many took to Twitter to say that their thoughs were with the crew and passengers.
A private jet reportedly carrying United States rapper Post Malone has been forced to make an emergency landing.
The jet was originally headed to London Luton Airport in England, but has since been diverted to Westfield-Barnes Regional Airport in Westfield, Massachusetts.
Post Malone has tour dates lined up in the United Kingdom, as well as attending the KSI vs Logan Paul boxing match on Saturday, August 25.
It was first diverted to Westfield-Barnes Regional Airport in Westfield but was rerouted to Stewart International Airport in New York's Orange County.
The 23-year-old was joined on stage by rockers Aerosmith and 21 Savage for a wild performance that closed out the awards show.
- Tesla Shares Tumble 9% After Worrisome Elon Musk Interview
- Andy Murray out of Cincinnati Masters after Lucas Pouille defeat
- Australian PM Malcolm Turnbull survives leadership vote, but threat still remains
- Leon Balogun surprised by Manchester United’s ‘slow’ football tactics
- Nick Jonas & Priyanka Chopra Announce Their Marriage Engagement
- Decades on, former Nazi camp guard deported to Germany from US
- First day of annual hajj pilgrimage in Makkah
- Manchester City documentary was not disrespectful - Pep Guardiola
- India seize control after spectacular England batting collapse
- Manafort Judge Says He's Received Threats, Fears For Jurors' Safety