Later, the plane landed at the Stewart Airport, just north of New York City.
The rapper is aboard a private jet that took off from New Jersey's Teterboro Airport, and blew its tires upon take off. Post Malone's tour is scheduled to make three stops in the United Kingdom and France this coming weekend.
They were on their way to London Luton Airport, in Luton, England.
UPDATE 2: Post's plane has now been diverted to another airport in NY and is continuing to burn fuel.
Musical artist Post Malone attends The Stronach Group Chalet at 143rd Preakness Stakes on May 19, 2018 in Baltimore, Maryland.
An insider also revealed that air traffic control told the pilot to continue the flight to MA in order to burn more fuel so that it would be safer for a possible crash landing.
As fans of the rapper awaited news of the plane's arrival, many took to Twitter to say that their thoughs were with the crew and passengers.
A private jet reportedly carrying United States rapper Post Malone has been forced to make an emergency landing.
The jet was originally headed to London Luton Airport in England, but has since been diverted to Westfield-Barnes Regional Airport in Westfield, Massachusetts.
Post Malone has tour dates lined up in the United Kingdom, as well as attending the KSI vs Logan Paul boxing match on Saturday, August 25.
It was first diverted to Westfield-Barnes Regional Airport in Westfield but was rerouted to Stewart International Airport in New York's Orange County.
The 23-year-old was joined on stage by rockers Aerosmith and 21 Savage for a wild performance that closed out the awards show.
- Leon Balogun surprised by Manchester United’s ‘slow’ football tactics
- Tyson Fury vows to knock out Deontay Wilder in Las Vegas bout
- Gmail's new self-destructing emails are now rolling out to mobile devices
- First day of annual hajj pilgrimage in Makkah
- Fortnite Update V5.21 Brings Heavy Sniper Rifle and Nerf to Minigun
- Manchester City documentary was not disrespectful - Pep Guardiola
- Hundreds of South Koreans Head North to Reunite With Their Loved Ones
- Trump says his White House lawyer isn’t a ‘RAT’ like Nixon’s
- Tesla Shares Tumble 9% After Worrisome Elon Musk Interview
- Italy’s Autostrade to announce plan for victims, city after bridge collapse