The advisory is continuing due to high concentrations of fine particulate matter because of smoke from wildfires burning in British Columbia and the western United States.
The alerts are the ninth and 10th of summer Spare the Air season.
The yellow haze in the air on Friday was smoke from the Ranch Fire and other Northern California and OR fires, the San Joaquin Valley Air Pollution Control District said. Lingering smoke over the Pacific may still impact us through early tomorrow morning, but we expect much less smoke by tomorrow afternoon.
The air quality index was reported is sitting close to 130 on Tuesday morning, according to the Spokane Regional Clean Air Agency.
"So initially, the wind will be blowing that smoke, and smoke from the Maple Fire in the Olympics, back into our area".
"These issues with smoke and poor weather, they slow us down a bit, but we do our best daily to get in", he said.
Forrest Tower, an information officer with the BC Wildfire Service, said smoke preventing aerial reconnaissance and firefighting operations was the "biggest struggle" for crews on the front lines.
Sensitive groups include people with lung disease, respiratory infections, heart or circulatory problems, a history of heart attack or stroke.
Smoky, hazy conditions are expected to persist for well into next week.
Seattle's Space Needle was swathed in haze on Monday, and it was impossible to see nearby mountains.
One man says he hasn't been suffering that much, but has family and friends who are having a hard time. Portland Public Schools suspended all outdoor sports practices.
Environment Canada still has special air quality statements in effect for all of Vancouver Island except the North Island, but they've been updated to reflect the improvement in air quality.
- Mosquitoes In Allen County Test Positive For The West Nile Virus
- Ohio State head football coach Urban Meyer suspended for 3 games
- Immigrant charged with murder in death of missing Iowa woman
- Manafort juror says "one holdout" kept jury from convicting on all counts
- Air quality alert issued for parts of Minnesota until Tuesday
- Top smartphones for gaming
- Pochettino Without 3 Players For Man Utd Trip
- Talent Not an Issue for England's New Manager
- Eden Hazard Wants Champions League Football Before Signing New Chelsea Contract
- Scott Morrison Is Australia's New Prime Minister