Last year, Affleck said he completed treatment for alcohol addiction and admitted that it was an issue he would "continue to confront". He was spotted receiving an alcohol delivery outside his home at the start of the week.
Affleck has starred as DC Comics hero Batman in two films, but rumors that he is being jettisoned for a third Batman film have dogged him since the debut of Justice League. He sought treatment for alcohol abuse in 2001 and completed another residential program last December. Meanwhile Affleck flame Shauna Sexton-a 22-year-old Playboy model who tells People her drink of choice is "whiskey all day"-strolled along the Malibu beach Wednesday in a green bikini as Affleck entered rehab".
The actor has been open about his battles with alcoholism in the past.
A source told the site: "Jen emptied out on Ben and he seemed to be on the offensive".
"This has been a rough few days and [Jennifer] wants nothing more than to feel [Ben] is getting the help that he needs", a source said.
The news regarding Ben and Lindsay's split comes after the Oscar-winning star's ex-wife Jennifer garner arrived at his house in a auto to "return him to rehab". Added the source: "What she ultimately cares about is his sobriety and whether she can rely on him to co-parent".
Here's hoping everything works out for Ben's health, and the family's overall well-being - especially the couple's three children.
- John Aldridge: Jose Mourinho is poisonous for Manchester United
- Hawaii Braces For Hurricane Lane, Now A Category 5
- Minister Dan Tehan dodges dumping of Malcolm Turnbull question
- Facebook and FireEye Detect More Foreign Interference with US Midterms
- Five things to look for as Chelsea visits Newcastle: Fringe player questions
- Immigrant charged with murder in death of missing Iowa woman
- Eden Hazard Wants Champions League Football Before Signing New Chelsea Contract
- Sing for your life: Woman treads 10 hours after ship fall
- New York State Subpoenas Michael Cohen in Trump Foundation Probe
- A week of devastating body blows for Donald Trump