"Because [men] gotta stop policing us and our bodies, you know women are taught to be ideal and boys are taught to be courageous and it's ridiculous", she told ET at the event.
The single-sleeved dress has a one-shoulder effect with brown panelling and features a full tulle skirt, a look she paired with compressing fishnet tights and a blush Nike t-shirt during her warm up.
Before this tennis tutu, Serena had worn a black catsuit at the French Open.
I believe it was Lil' Kim who once said, "No matter what people say, we got it going on".
"It will no longer be accepted".
"With Serena, we have one of our generation's most powerful, inspiring athletes as the muse", Abloh said in a statement from the brand, "I was trying to embody her spirit and bring something compelling and fresh to tennis".
To put the finishing touches on the outstanding outfit, Williams wore NikeCourt Flare trainers and fishnet compression tights, (advanced compression to prevent blood clots was the true goal of the damn catsuit in the first place, but we digress).
What she's been wearing on the court has also been a conversation starter.
The Spaniard argued that if Wimbledon were allowed to impose strict "all-white" clothing rules then other tournaments should be able to have their own guidelines. But, Giudicelli's remarks follow an ongoing trend of attempts at body shaming the icon for her physique and her blackness. The only disrespect I see is the French Open's policing of women's bodies, but sure.
This is a big milestone, but it turns out that Serena Williams is not celebrating baby Olympia's first birthday.
The incredible ballerina-inspired dress is part of Virgil Abloh's Off-White x Nike collection inspired by Serena and aptly called "QUEEN".
"It's easy to play in", Serena said in a post-match news conference. "Yeah, the tutu is easy to play in because I practiced in it before". It feels really good.
- Jennifer Garner Is Getting Ben Affleck Back Into Rehab
- Trump announces 'really good' NAFTA deal with Mexico
- Illness rules Mesut Ozil out of West Ham clash
- Malcolm Turnbull out, Scott Morrison in as Australian PM
- Iowa murder focuses attention on immigrants in agriculture
- Sessions Hits Back At Trump On ‘Control’ Of Department Of Justice
- Rohingya call on perpetrators to face justice on anniversary of attacks
- Minister Dan Tehan dodges dumping of Malcolm Turnbull question
- Tiger Woods Ready for Three Straight Tournaments - ESPN 98.1 FM
- Pope ‘refuses to deny’ explosive accusations that he ‘COVERED UP’ sex abuse