Tesla is the most short-sold stock in the United States, with investors betting around $10.18 billion that the company's shares will fall, according to financial technology and analytics firm S3 Partners. Several weeks earlier, he stunned the business world by announcing that he was taking Tesla private.He later walked back on his words, saying the company would remain public, while complaining that a heavy workload of about 120 hours per week dealt a blow to his emotional and physical health. With the SEC, Musk is "going to be on a shorter leash", Bertsch said. "For example, you incorrectly state that he is a diver, which shows that you know essentially nothing and have not even bothered to research basic facts", Musk wrote. Thai Navy SEALs and volunteers carried out the mission, and Elon Musk - a founder of SpaceX, Tesla and PayPal - seemed desperate to help.
News of the legal threat came less than 24 hours after Musk - whose effort to aid the rescue with a mini-submarine he'd built had "absolutely no chance of working," according to Unsworth - rekindled the feud out of the blue.
Unsworth, who was enlisted to help with the rescue, had a particularly dim view of Musk's plan.
Unsworth said last month that he was considering legal action.
"His actions against me do not justify my actions against him, and for that I apologise to Mr Unsworth and to the companies I represent as leader", Mr Musk tweeted on 18 July.
On Tuesday, Musk suggested via Twitter that it was unusual Unsworth hadn't sued him yet and asked a Twitter user who brought up the matter why he hadn't investigated it.
Many of his messages have led to positive coverage about Tesla and his other companies in the press. Musk has since apologised for making the baseless claim, adding that he had said it out of anger. Musk's Twitter page has been prone to these tweets, as the platform lacks moderation or voting mechanisms, allowing for scammers to reach the top of the reply chain easily.
"I am in the process of preparing a civil complaint for libel against you".
Tesla's legal troubles got a bit lighter this week, while Elon Musk seemingly gave himself yet another self-inflicted blow.
But one leadership expert suggested some of Mr Musk's behaviour was unacceptable.
Not how she wants to be perceived as a chief executive.
"If [the latest tweet] adversely affects the share price then Tesla's board members may feel duty bound to do something about it".
- 'Multiple fatalities' after shooting rampage at Madden tourney at Jacksonville Landing
- The Google Pixel 3 event date reportedly just leaked
- McCain to lie in state at Arizona Capitol on his birthday
- Rodney Marsh and Karl Henry react to Wolves display against Manchester City
- Florida authorities: Multiple dead during mall shooting
- Serena Williams wears tutu at US Open amid catsuit controversy
- Cohen's lawyer walks back claim Trump knew of Russia meeting
- Final farewells to Sen. John McCain begin at Arizona Capitol
- White House counsel Don McGahn set to depart amid Mueller probe tensions
- Buhari’s speech as Nigeria, Britain sign agreements on security, economic development