The Rose Bowl has only staged two prior Test matches but the most recent, in 2014, saw England beat India by 266 runs. The typical confidence once associated with the Englishman at the start of his innings has not been visible for some time now and he will need to rediscover his very best if he hopes to inspire England's shaky looking batting card at the moment. Early on he edged Pankaj Singh.
While Ravindra Jadeja is available, Shami was asked about the possibility of India fielding an all-pace attack.
Few would have anticipated Moeen making a return to the national set-up so soon, though England have been forced to shake things up partly due to injuries, and not least because they can not afford another defeat like the one they endured at Trent Bridge.
Four years on, India have returned to Southampton.
England and India are now playing the 4th Test match in the series at The Ageas Bowl in Southampton.India came back strongly in the 3rd Test in Trent Bridge to make the series 2-1. It is no reflection on how he has gone in the first two games.
That belief comes from the way India have adapted and learned from situations.
He was only back in the team in Southampton because of a last-minute injury to Chris Woakes and he vindicated his recall by helping to save England along with Ali, another player returning to the side. There have been murmurs and whispers about it but like I keep saying he's the leading run-scorer in England's history for a reason. They left Nottingham with a series-levelling victory in Southampton a realistic possibility.
India were relentless and at the other end Bumrah was proving just as devilish, armed with the new ball and his idiosyncratic action, England had little response. But we've got to make sure we do the best thing for this team to win this game, and I believe Jos is the right man to do it this time'. We under-performed last week - that's the bottom line.
"We've done it time and time again before".
"But, coming here, in the last Test match that was played here, it was a comprehensive win".
Paceman Jasprit Bumrah was the best of India's bowlers, finishing with figures of 3-46 off 20 overs. Mohammed Shami has built the pressure with high pace and fuller lengths.
# Wicket! Jasprit Bumrah stuns Jennings.
"It was a medical call", Root said on Bairstow. "Be it a spell or bowling in a partnership, we feel happy when we are at the ground, at slips or even outside".
"We are seeing such an Indian bowling unit after a long time".
"We have such a bench strength that is so strong that we can change if we want to".
- In Arizona Senate race, Republican Martha McSally’s embrace of Trump carries risks
- Democrats Nominated An Actual Socialist For Governor In Florida Last Night
- Rohingya call on perpetrators to face justice on anniversary of attacks
- Turkey, Russia discussing possible operation in Syria’s Idlib, Lavrov says
- Green Bay Packers and Aaron Rodgers agree to four-year extension
- Brief Intel Unveils New Eighth-Generation Processors
- Trump announces 'really good' NAFTA deal with Mexico
- Federico Fernandez is praised by Newcastle fans after Chelsea loss
- McCain to lie in state at Arizona Capitol on his birthday
- The Google Pixel 3 event date reportedly just leaked