The high-profile status of Aretha Franklin's funeral has been circling the press cycle since news first broke of her death.
"You're gonna be one of the future voices in the choir of angels because you know you'd have to be".
"She's the queen of our city", said retired nurse Pat Bills, another of those who waited in line, dressed in vibrant salmon pink. - Franklin's casket is to lie in repose at her father's church on Thursday ahead of a tribute concert in her hometown Detroit, and what will be a "jubilant" star-studded funeral on August 31.
Her grandchildren and an obituary reading by her niece Sabrina Owens are also planned for Friday. "She worked for us".
However, other fans tweeted support, pointing out that even if Hill's performance wasn't note-perfect, it came from the heart, because she and Franklin were friends and the Franklin family clearly wanted her there.
"Nothing sounded better to me than the way my grandma sings", Victorie Franklin said. "She had the voice of generation, maybe the voice of a century".
Aretha Franklin's body has been covered in shimmering fabric and her casket has been closed, with shouts of, "Hallelujah!" coming from the audience.
Franklin, who died at her Detroit home from pancreatic cancer, began her musical career as a child singing gospel at the city's New Bethel Baptist Church, where her father, C.L. Franklin, was the pastor, famous for his hypnotic sermons. 'Trump said she used to work for me.
"How you doing, baby?" she asked him.
"I figured out, I think, that the secret of her greatness was she took this massive talent and this ideal culture that raised her and chose to be the composer of her own life song", Clinton said. Pink Cadillacs filled the street outside the church, a reference to a Franklin hit from the 1980s, "Freeway of Love".
Franklin was dressed in a sparkling full-length gold dress with sequined heels for her final outfit, and she was dressed head-to-heel in red for her first public viewing on Tuesday, a nod to her membership in the sorority Delta Sigma Theta.
- Harry and Meghan watch Hamilton musical after slew of hard headlines
- White House counsel Don McGahn set to depart amid Mueller probe tensions
- Approval of Trans Mountain pipeline expansion quashed by Federal Court of Appeal
- Sadio Mane: I turned down Manchester United move
- Brief Intel Unveils New Eighth-Generation Processors
- Democrats Nominated An Actual Socialist For Governor In Florida Last Night
- England's Bairstow to play with fractured finger in fourth test against India
- Can Djokovic Continue His Strong Comeback At the US Open?
- Buhari’s speech as Nigeria, Britain sign agreements on security, economic development
- U.S. Open 2018: Tournament apologizes for Cornet's shirt-change code violation