Cardiff were sensing a famous win at that point - but substitute Lucas Torreira soon set up for Lacazette to score his first goal of the season with a thumping near-post finish.
The two forwards were part of an attacking lineup but were beaten to the opening goal by Shkodran Mustafi whose powerful header opened the scoring. A great flick by Lacazette who crosses to Aubameyang just outside the six yard box, hitting the bottom corner of the net.
Three thoughts from Arsenal's 3-2 win at Cardiff in their Sunday morning Premier League clash.
It was a hard fought victory for Arsenal.
Arsenal defender Mustafi could face an FA sanction if the governing body deem it to have been a display of political symbolism.
Cardiff's high press made it an uncomfortable start for Petr Cech between the Arsenal sticks, with the experienced goalkeeper nearly caught out on a couple of occasions inside his own box.
Cech nearly made a mistake within the first 30 seconds of the match, hesitating on the ball near his goal line before just evading capture and embarrassment from the Cardiff attack. Petr Cech also had a nightmare with the ball at his feet and if Unai Emery is intent on playing the ball out from the back it may be time for Bernd Leno.
Cardiff another super chance late in the first when a header from Sean Morrison fell for Arter in a risky position, but the on-loan Bournemouth midfielder sent the ball into the stands.
Cardiff again bounced back, though, as Jamie Ward dispatched a header with immaculate accuracy.
Heading into that contest the Arsenal manager had been under fire for a failure to adapt his style to suit his squad, but if they can pick up successive victories at the Cardiff City Stadium much of that criticism will die down.
- Air pollution causes ‘huge’ reduction in intelligence, study reveals
- The Championship Series will return following Jacksonville shooting — Madden Commissioner
- IMF supports South African land reform provided it's 'rules based' - Economy
- Apple's new OLED iPhones will feature speed and camera improvements
- I'm not bothered if Ozil plays - Cardiff boss Warnock
- Google Updates Wear OS 08/30/2018
- Coca-Cola Buys Costa Coffee in a £3.9 Billion Deal
- Sheriffs Office and Bail Bondsman respond to California Money Bail Reform Act
- New Pixel 3 leak tells us Google is really serious about selfies
- 'Rooted in the black church': Aretha Franklin's funeral returns to gospel