"Modric did something extraordinary in Madrid and in the World Cup, so the prize was well deserved, but Cristiano also had a wonderful season". Monaco had a great run two years ago so this group could come down to the last match of the group stage.
"I'm sorry that he couldn't be here".
"He is the kind of player that only thinks 'no matter if we lose, the only thing that matters is that I score a goal!'".
"It only proves what I keep saying: Ronaldo is egoist and I'd never want him in my team". But we could see a lot of surprises.
"Barca will be a different test but to play in the Nou Camp against some of the best players in the world, it's fantastic to play in these types of games".
"I don't want people to choose between one and another European bidder".
"I am not happy, I am super happy being here".
"Mandzukic called me one evening and we chatted for a long time about this and that and the next morning he calls me again", he recalled.
The Portuguese finished second behind Real Madrid and Croatia midfielder Luka Modric in the poll and was not present.
Salah, on the other hand, insisted he is "proud" to represent Egyptians at the highest level in football after missing out on the prestigious award.
Liverpool have a stiffer task. face Paris Saint-Germain for the first time in over 20 years. "Sometimes you feel pressure because of that, but it also makes you work harder to do your job better and better and better". It's a well-known fact that Europe is the home to the best football leagues in the world and the UEFA Champions League features the top clubs and best players from across the world.
English newspapers highlighted Egyptian worldwide and Liverpool striker, Mohamed Salah's ranking in the competition for UEFA Men's Player of the Year.
Modric adds the UEFA award to the title of Best Player at this summer's World Cup in Russian Federation, and must now be considered a strong candidate to break the Messi/Ronaldo stranglehold which has dominated the Ballon d'Or in recent years. But Dortmund have the Champions League experience although they have a new team with some new players.
- Rockets move Ryan Anderson to Suns in four-player trade
- Coca-Cola Buys Costa Coffee in a £3.9 Billion Deal
- What is special about the new processor Huawei Kirin 980
- I'm not bothered if Ozil plays - Cardiff boss Warnock
- Joe Biden: 'I'm a Democrat and I love John McCain'
- Samsung, LG Showcase Their First Commercial 8K TVs at IFA 2018
- What we know about Vodafone-TPG's $15bn merger
- IMF supports South African land reform provided it's 'rules based' - Economy
- New Pixel 3 leak tells us Google is really serious about selfies
- Destiny 2: Forsaken Gets an Action-Packed and Emotional Launch Trailer