Gomez, meanwhile, says fans can expect to see Alisson continue to show off his footballing skills.
With and without possession we were really effective and I think if we approach matches like that going forward, particularly at home, we'll get the results that we deserve.
Liverpool held out to win the game, 2-1.
Jurgen Klopp believes his Liverpool side will benefit from their scrappy form in the early parts of this season and expects his team to get better after the global break.
"We have ticked that box now. I've been injured since January; that's been hard, but Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain has helped me as we've been doing rehab together, and the manager has integrated me with the first team even though I've been injured".
"We constantly get the ball to the keeper but the player need to learn there are other solutions".
"A lot of things were hard for us".
The Reds' run of three successive clean sheets was halted following a mistake by Alisson in the second half.
"It's all about getting results".
"We have to learn from our mistakes".
Danny Ings had earlier scored for the Saints as they completed a 2-0 victory away to Crystal Palace to secure their first win of the season. These could be valuable points come the end of the season.
"Performance-wise, we know we can improve and we really know that we could have already done better", Klopp admitted, before giving an interesting reason for Liverpool's lack of attacking verve. I did not get a pass so good, we talked about it in the locker room, I talked to Virg (Van Dijk), it was not such a good pass, but I was also totally able to kick the ball away. Every game is different, we've had different challenges over the four games so far and it's about adapting.
Gomez was forced to miss the World Cup after undergoing ankle surgery in May, but the 21-year-old has been called up to the England squad for upcoming games against Spain and Switzerland.
James Maddison has continued to grow at his new club since his summer move, and proved instrumental for his team in this clash as he played the role of the link man in the absence of a noted striker in the line-up. But I was disappointed not to be there. He's a great manager and we obviously had contact and he wished me well.
- Ronaldo's Juventus drawn with Man United in Champions League
- IMF supports South African land reform provided it's 'rules based' - Economy
- Tropical Storm Gordon forms near Florida
- Bills Trade AJ McCarron To Raiders
- Defiant Jose Mourinho defends record after Man United slump
- New Pixel 3 leak tells us Google is really serious about selfies
- California Lawmakers Pass Net Neutrality Bill
- Samsung, LG Showcase Their First Commercial 8K TVs at IFA 2018
- Modric is player of the year over Ronaldo, Salah
- Destiny 2: Forsaken Gets an Action-Packed and Emotional Launch Trailer