Newly promoted Raiders radio voice Lincoln Kennedy says that regardless of the news that's out there, the Raiders will not be trading Khalil Mack.
"I know there's maybe some feeling that maybe I was involved in a day-to-day negotiation". The Bears made Mack the highest paid defensive player in National Football League history when they inked him to a six-year, $141 million extension after the trade. It was tough. It was a long process. "People are trying to divide us: 'I wanted him gone, he wanted him here.' We made a decision as an organization".
A "great player" is probably even underselling it a bit. We talked about it daily. An extension, by the way, Gruden believes wasn't anywhere close to what Oakland was offering. "We've evaluated everybody. He's real close". That includes one-time Jaguars star Allen Robinson, who had a disappointing 2016 before missing all of 2017 with a torn ACL; 2015 No. 7 pick Kevin White, who might finally be healthy for the first time in his career; and speedster Anthony Miller, who the Bears selected in the second round of this past spring's draft.
Both Carr and Mack were drafted by the Raiders in 2014.
"It wasn't my goal to trade Khalil when we got here". Unfortunately, we had a standoff with a contract, and we could not come to terms.
"I'm still going to dunk on him when he comes to my house in the offseason".
So why trade Mack now? That's really when you can just get away from everybody and everything and you can just sit back and realize where you're at. Asked about Smith's potential playing time in Week 1, Nagy said: "Whether it's him playing all the game or whether it's playing in packages, our coaches will balance that out and they'll know where he fits within the scheme and what he does best". He was under contract. We can always expect the unexpected on Sunday afternoons in the NFL. What we're hoping with James is that we as coaches can get him to the point where he can just continue to grow each and every day in his technique.
Leno had heard the possibility floated about like the rest of us, a natural link between the Bears and Mack, but it was becoming harder to imagine a deal being struck. He's one of my best friends.
- Bills Trade AJ McCarron To Raiders
- Jeff Sessions safe as Attorney General until midterms, Donald Trump says
- Nick Kyrgios into US Open third round after umpire intervention
- What is special about the new processor Huawei Kirin 980
- Tropical Storm Gordon forms near Florida
- Late Alexandre Lacazette strike gives Arsenal narrow Cardiff City win
- Destiny 2: Forsaken Gets an Action-Packed and Emotional Launch Trailer
- Pakistan rally ends after Dutch cartoon contest is canceled
- Nadal survives Russian threat to advance at US Open
- Joe Biden: 'I'm a Democrat and I love John McCain'