The once "Special One" had become the favourite to "win" the Premier League's sack race, even with West Ham yet to get off the mark and Claude Puel also under pressure for no apparent reason.
"He was very confident before the game he prepared the game in a very good way", the defensive midfielder said. "We lose at home, if the fans react bad, the team loses confidence, the team feels pressure and the next match is more hard, [but] we lost at home, the fans were wonderful and understood the performance was good".
"Some of you must be disappointed because it would be much better if we lose", he said. "Today, it's good to compare".
"Two young players that need to get on the field in order to improve and to show us consistently the quality they have, particularly Rashford".
Pochettino admitted defeat was hard to take and hinted his side might have underestimated Watford.
"OK, the second half was bad but we have to keep this spirit and think about every game and be positive. It left the club without a certain type of experience that the biggest club in the world needs", Schmeichel said on Monday. We should have scored before we scored the goals and we should have scored the penalty that would kill the game and also the best chances after the penalty. The Bluebirds had equalized through Victor Camarasa and Danny Ward after Shkodran Mustafi headed the Gunners ahead.
- What we know about Vodafone-TPG's $15bn merger
- Colin Kaepernick: Nike suffer #justburnit backlash over advertising campaign
- Samsung, LG Showcase Their First Commercial 8K TVs at IFA 2018
- Late Alexandre Lacazette strike gives Arsenal narrow Cardiff City win
- Nick Kyrgios into US Open third round after umpire intervention
- Tottenham can't act like victims over Carabao Cup stadium debacle - Pochettino
- Carr: Raiders players over shock of Mack trade
- Kyrgios' priceless reaction as Federer pulls off incredible shot in US Open
- Twitter roasts Faith Hill’s Aretha Franklin funeral performance
- IMF supports South African land reform provided it's 'rules based' - Economy