Meanwhile, trade disputes between the U.
Innes, however, feels that it is too early to predict whether the economic slowdown due to these trade wars was going to impact the demand for oil. Given the current upside momentum, this price level could easily be achieved later today especially if additional U.S. Gulf oil operations are shutdown once the hurricane's path and strength are determined.
Apart from refiners, shipowners whose vessels help ferry the Middle East nation's supply, insurers who cover those cargoes as well as banks that help process payments for the crude are at risk from the sanctions, further complicating any trade with Iran.
The sharp increase was linked to mounting concerns that falling Iranian output could tighten markets once US sanctions bite from November.
Iran has repeatedly said it will resume high-level uranium enrichment if the 2015 agreement - which stringently limits its nuclear programme in return for sanctions relief - falls apart.
People often focus on the supply side. but what happens if China reduces its consumption?
"And I think, and many people agree with me, that the demand will be impacted - so that's not good for us".
"This will shift the front end Brent crude oil price into the higher $70s range with a touch of $80s". "If there is a serious trade disagreement between the US and China, the Chinese consumption of energy will be impacted negatively, from our point of view and the ability to produce and export will be impacted", he said at the World Heavy Oil Congress. The country's oil production already was down by 150,000 barrels per day, due to importers of that oil moving away from taking Iranian shipments.
Iranian President Rouhani publicly blamed President Trump for the country's financial crisis last week; saying "anti-Iranian agents in the White House" were directly responsible for the currency's stunning low.
Japan's major oil distributors, taking heed of USA demands, are expected to suspend crude imports from Iran in October and switch to other producers in the Middle East, sources with knowledge of the plans say. Iranian oil exports fell 14 percent in August, according to tanker-tracking data compiled by Bloomberg.
One industry source said the kingdom's crude production plans were made according to its customers' needs and that oil demand has not materialized as forecast.
- Activists condemn "inhuman" caning of Malaysian lesbian
- Carr: Raiders players over shock of Mack trade
- Heat rule in play as temperature soars at U.S. Open
- Tropical Storm Gordon forms near Florida
- Destiny 2: Forsaken Gets an Action-Packed and Emotional Launch Trailer
- Tottenham can't act like victims over Carabao Cup stadium debacle - Pochettino
- Trump has warned Iran and Russia about a possible mistake in Syria
- What is special about the new processor Huawei Kirin 980
- Rachelle Ann Go performs with 'Hamilton' cast for Prince Harry, Meghan Markle
- US Open - Rafael Nadal vs Dominic Thiem Preview & Prediction