Alex Jones has sent his last tweet. A second House hearing focused on Republican assertions that Twitter is censoring conservatives - a charge Jones has championed and the company has denied. Marco Rubio Wednesday, causing the Senator to tell Jones that he would "take care" of him if need be.
"Jones': "Listen to the little frat boy".
On Wednesday, before confronting Rubio, Jones held a freewheeling gaggle with reporters outside the Senate hearing room where Facebook COO Sheryl Sandberg and Twitter CEO Jack Dorsey were set to testify.
As Rubio was speaking to the media about foreign interference in U.S. elections, Jones continuously pestered the senator with forceful questions, according to video of the encounter.
"Alright man. Who are you?" I swear to God.
Rolling his eyes, Rubio says, "I didn't say that, either". The permanent suspension blocks Jones and InfoWars from their combined 1.5 million Twitter followers, which adds to the numerous supporters that now can't follow Jones' and InfoWars' content on other platforms thanks to previous bans and punishments.
Jones' bread and butter is shouting over-the-top grievances and conspiracy theories in videos that he shares on social media, radio and his own websites.
While other tech companies including Apple Inc., Facebook Inc. and Alphabet Inc.'s YouTube previously suspended various accounts associated to Mr. Jones, Twitter had allowed him to remain on its platform. Go back to your bathhouse. He's so mad! You won't silence me.
"You're not going to get arrested", Rubio continued. You look like a possum that got caught doing some really nasty stuff - in my view.
Mr. Rubio repeatedly insisted that he didn't know who Mr. Jones was.
As part of the ban, Jones will not be able to create new accounts on Twitter or take over any existing ones. "You are literally like a little gangster thug, Rubio just threatened to physically take care of me".
"He plays dumb. Inforwars.com, you know what it is, full well".
Rubio later told reporters that coverage of Jones made "crazy people superstars".
Jones and his company Info Wars are said to have breached Twitter's abusive behaviour policy.
- McCain honored at funeral by Bush and Obama
- Review of Plarium's Browser MMO Game Stormfall: Age of War
- Oil prices steady as OPEC supplies weigh but Iran sanctions loom
- Kyrgios' priceless reaction as Federer pulls off incredible shot in US Open
- Tropical Storm Gordon forms near Florida Keys
- United and City looking to create El Classico in Manchester
- Can Atleti snatch La Liga's title away from Barca?
- Apple may replace Plus branding with Max on 6.5-inch iPhone Xs
- Tyler Perry offers 'Cosby Show' actor a job after public shaming
- Best ways to make your website stand out from the rest