Rogan lit up first and then offered the joint to Musk.
"C'mon, man. You probably can't because of stockholders, right?"
Marijuana is legal for medical and recreational use in California, where the interview took place.
He said his decision to quite was due to the higher-than-expected "level of public attention placed on the company, as well as the pace within the company". But Musk also said this isn't really a priority, and he also dismissed the concept of a flying vehicle as impractical.
"A lot of people don't like humanity and think it is a blight, but I don't", Musk said.
However, Musk admitted that "the electric airplane isn't necessary right now", as he is focusing on other things, including the many issues he's dealing with at Tesla right now.
Tesla CEO Elon Musk has reversed course on a plan to turn Tesla back into a private company via a significant stock buyback that was estimated to cost tens of billions, closing a very short chapter in. The stock was already down 7 percent this week, according to CNBC, and President Trump's announcement Friday of additional tariffs on China sent the Dow Jones average down as well.
Philippe Houchois, an analyst at Jefferies Group with a hold rating on Tesla shares, said that Musk "seems to be on a slightly self-destructive bent". The joint was provided to Musk by Rogan, who said it was legal. "I don't think people would like it that much".
"If you get one of those toy drones and imagine it's 1,000 times heavier - that's not going to make your neighbors happy", he explained.
"Although the majority of shareholders I spoke to said they would remain with Tesla if we went private, the sentiment, in a nutshell, was 'please don't do this, '" Musk wrote in a Tesla blog post.
The chief executive was appearing on The Joe Rogan Experience.
Tesla representatives were not immediately available for comment Friday morning. "As a result, this caused me to reconsider my future".
- Apple may replace Plus branding with Max on 6.5-inch iPhone Xs
- Activists condemn "inhuman" caning of Malaysian lesbian
- Marco Rubio to InfoWars' Alex Jones, 'Don't touch me again, man'
- Massachusetts Dem Goes After Trump Following Upset Win
- Meghan Markle Accidentally Reveals Pet Name for Prince Harry
- Cory Booker Says He’ll Violate Senate Rules to Release Kavanaugh Email
- Goldman Sachs CFO Calls Plans to Ditch Cryptocurrency "Fake News"
- Tyler Perry offers 'Cosby Show' actor a job after public shaming
- Tropical Storm Gordon forms near Florida Keys
- Firefighters respond to a blaze at Brazil's National Museum