Saul Niguez and Rodrigo scored as Spain came from behind to win 2-1 at Wembley Stadium at the start of their UEFA Nations League campaign.
Kane, victor of the Golden Boot, now wants to look forward, starting with the Nations League opener against Spain at Wembley on Saturday night. We are looking at a new Spain, a more direct team, just like Luis Enrique outlined when he was chosen as coach.
"We need to asses over the weekend, but I think it's likely we'll need to call some players in", Southgate said.
The former Barcelona boss also defended the Manchester United goalkeeper after he was criticised for his performances at the World Cup and claims the goalkeeper is the best in the world.
Manchester United fullback Luke Shaw has assured fans he's okay after suffering a serious head injury in England's defeat to Spain. We both have the same objective and before judging someone I like to meet them for myself in person. "Him and John (Stones) being able to rotate positions allowed us to play through midfield better".
Spain were fluid and fluent throughout their first match under Luis Enrique and, after their shock World Cup last-16 exit to hosts Russian Federation ended a tumultuous campaign, will go confidently into their next game against Croatia, though a late foul by substitute Danny Welbeck meant they will not do so on the back of a draw.
The impact was audible from the stands and led to him leaving on a stretcher wearing an oxygen mask and a neck brace after lengthy treatment.
In the past Spain were vulnerable whenever they lost possession but against England they seemed more comfortable without the ball and defending with their backs against the wall, as they had to do in the latter stages of the game. "I'm a fighter so I will be back soon".
UEFA is yet to use video assistant referees in its competitions despite the new technology's successful deployment for the first time at the World Cup. "We suffered a bit towards the end but against good opponents that can happen".
"We knew it was going to be a hard game".
- Cory Booker Says He’ll Violate Senate Rules to Release Kavanaugh Email
- Mac Miller Dead at 26 After Apparent Drug Overdose
- Sabotage blamed for International Space Station's leak
- Nike releases new ad featuring Colin Kaepernick, LeBron James, Serena Williams
- Colin Kaepernick Watched Ad Debut From Nike HQ
- 2+2 dialogue: Sushma, Sitharaman meet with American counterparts
- Massachusetts Dem Goes After Trump Following Upset Win
- Missouri college drops Nike over new Kaepernick ad campaign
- WWE Issues Statement on Passing of Burt Reynolds
- Tesla accounting chief quits over Tesla’s "level of public attention"