A third tropical storm has formed in the eastern Atlantic Ocean.
The center of Hurricane Olivia is located near latitude 21.7 north, longitude 148.0 west, about 480 miles ENE of Hilo.
Isaac: As of the 5:00am advisory, Hurricane Isaac has maximum sustained winds of 75 miles per hour.
WIND: Tropical storm conditions are expected somewhere within the warning area starting late Tuesday. The storm is slowly moving northwest into the Gulf of Mexico.
Florence was producing large swells expected to reach from the northern Caribbean to the southern coasts of Canada´s Maritime provinces.
USA residents from SC to Virginia were warned that Florence posed an increasing risk of life-threatening coastal storm surge, as well as flooding from heavy rainfall inland.
ABC News The track for Hurricane Florence shows it targeting the Carolinas by Thursday
Norwegian Cruise Line said it had to change the itinerary of a Bermuda-bound ship - adding stops in the Maritimes - because of the storm. "Presume that a major hurricane is going to hit right smack dab in the middle of SC".
Hurricane Olivia is expected to bring strong winds, heavy rainfall and high surf to parts of the state. One high altitude jet, nicknamed Gonzo, has been flying through the storm to collect information over the weekend.
Isaac is expected to gain strength in the next day or two before beginning to weaken mid-week when it approaches the Lesser Antilles.
The National Hurricane Center forecasts Florence to hit the shore late Thursday night or early Friday morning.
The first effects of what forecasters are already calling a large and extremely unsafe hurricane were already being seen on barrier islands Monday as risky rip currents and seawater flowed over the state highway. "Further strengthening is anticipated, and Florence is expected to be an extremely risky major hurricane through Thursday", the NHC concluded.
Tropical Storm Helene became Hurricane Helene on Sunday afternoon, as well. It's likely to continue west for the next two days, but then turn to the northwest, parallel and far from the US coast, when Isaac knocks an opening into the steering ridge.
Showers and thunderstorms over the northwestern Caribbean Sea and western Cuba, associated with a surface trough, are showing some signs of organization (marked as an orange "X" in the above map).
- WWE Issues Statement on Passing of Burt Reynolds
- Indians Laugh, Cry And Celebrate After Gay Sex is Decriminalized
- At 41, joy for football still there for Tom Brady
- Homeless Samaritan will get cash; couple under investigation
- Skripal attack: Two Russian suspects named
- Luis Enrique Greeting Sergio Ramos Is Brilliant
- Ben Stiller cheered on Rafael Nadal from player's box during epic match
- Trump doesn't always follow rules, so Canada needs NAFTA's Chapter 19: Trudeau
- Poor putting costs Tiger Woods on day two at BMW
- Apple says United States tariffs on China would hit 'wide range' of products