Williams was incensed in the first instance when Ramos assessed her a code violation for receiving coaching from her box, although coach Patrick Mouratoglou admitted in an interview with ESPN that he was trying to advise her with a hand gesture and said that all coaches do it. The fact of the violation of the rules is not in dispute, yet those facts were missing or underreported in the segment.
Mark Knight's image in question shows Williams, who labelled the umpire a "thief" after she lost to Osaka during the U.S. Open final, was portrayed as a big black baby, while he drew Osaka as a blonde girl in the background.
French tennis player Alize Cornet received a code violation a few weeks ago for briefly taking off her shirt on the court. "That was another automatic violation". She was penalised a point for unsportsmanlike conduct and Clijsters won the match.
The clear implication of the opening was not only that the original call is in doubt, which it is not, that this incident robbed Williams of a win, which it did not. But as you'll see, she was super chill about it, even fetching her own balls, and jogging to do it because she knew we were rolling.
Williams had demanded an apology from Ramos during her rant and later called the punishment "sexist", while claiming she was fighting for women's rights because male players got away with similar antics. I think her game is always super consistent.
In both clips, the guest and Harlow herself praise Serena Williams as having been kind or gracious to her opponent.
Instead, he let Williams go on, until she made the apparently unforgivable point that Ramos was a "thief" for stealing a point from her.
"I think that if it was a man in [Serena's] position, it would have been absolutely different", she adds. First of all, she's amusing. In the attached video, I needed her to serve the ball into the camera on one bounce.
"The WTA applauds Naomi for her tremendous achievement".
The 23-time Grand Slam champion has faced racist attacks for most of her career, and after the match Saturday, she said she believes sexism is rampant in the sport.
Meanwhile, some Williams supporters have thanked her for highlighting the "unequal playing field" in sports for women.
That clip was not in either CNN segment.
"You stole a point from me and you are a thief", Williams told Ramos prompting the game penalty ruling.
- Colin Kaepernick Watched Ad Debut From Nike HQ
- Ben Stiller cheered on Rafael Nadal from player's box during epic match
- Mac Miller Dead at 26 After Apparent Drug Overdose
- Trump doesn't always follow rules, so Canada needs NAFTA's Chapter 19: Trudeau
- Elon Musk Smokes Weed In Live Interview!
- Florence becomes hurricane, threatens southeast US coast
- Indians Laugh, Cry And Celebrate After Gay Sex is Decriminalized
- Syria war: Idlib rebels targeted by 'fiercest raids in weeks'
- At 41, joy for football still there for Tom Brady
- Luke Shaw has tweeted after being stretchered off in England v Spain