He was announced as questionable to return with a knee injury, but with the Packers first possession of the second half, Rodgers took to the field again to lead Green Bay on a drive for a field goal for their first points of the game. They have scored 17 unanswered points.
As if the Packers' home opener weren't off to a rough enough start before Rodgers' injury, the offense was booed off the field just two minutes into the second quarter after a third straight punt. Mack's highlight of the night came when he intercepted Packers backup quarterback DeShone Kizer's pass in the second quarter and turned it into a touchdown.
It was Rodgers' first regular-season game home game since last September 28 against the Bears.
B | Jordan Howard (15 carries, 82 yards) almost finished off the Packers late in the fourth quarter, breaking off 16- and 11-yard runs. "I just can't tell you how proud I am of him".
"Just doing what we got to do to come out with a win and fixing the things that we weren't great at today", he said.
"I felt like once I got back out there, when the adrenaline was going, it loosened up a little bit", Rodgers said.
Rodgers was carted to the locker room by the medical staff midway through the second quarter.
Westgate didn't even wait for the game to end before they made their move, but it's only one week of football off of which to base these significant changes.
Trubisky completed 8 of 9 passes for 99 yards to five different receivers on the two scoring drives, including passes of 33 yards to Allen Robinson II and 31 yards to Taylor Gabriel. The key play on that drive was as leaping grab by Allen Robinson (four catches, 61 yards) of a jump ball on which he outfought Packers first-round draft pick Jaire Alexander for a 33-yard gain.
It was Green Bay's largest fourth-quarter comeback win in franchise history.
For a while, the Vikings' quarterback, Kirk Cousins, actually was making more money than he was. They failed to put the stake in Rodgers and the Packers, and Rodgers showed why he is a vampire.
In addition to the young players growing into roles, the Packers still must answer this: Can they rush the passer adequately?
- Trump suggests Apple build U.S. factories to keep prices down
- CBS CEO Leslie Moonves Steps Down Amid Sexual Harassment Allegations
- Wildfire that closed I-5 near Oregon-California border doubles in size
- Syria war: Idlib rebels targeted by 'fiercest raids in weeks'
- WWE Issues Statement on Passing of Burt Reynolds
- Gov. McMaster declares state of emergency ahead of storm arrival
- When and where to watch US Open 2018 final
- Luke Shaw has tweeted after being stretchered off in England v Spain
- Skripal attack: Two Russian suspects named
- At 41, joy for football still there for Tom Brady