As THR points out, Disney's Marvel movies are far outpacing WB's DC films at the box office, a situation the studio is anxious to correct. THR reports that negotiations broke down between Cavill and Warner Bros. over a cameo in next year's "Shazam!" due to scheduling conflicts, and the " door is now closing on other potential Superman appearances".
There were talks to have Cavill appear for a Superman cameo in Shazam!
Warner Bros. issued a statement saying it hasn't decided on Cavill's return.
Warner Bros.is well aware of how many people are now displeased with the state of their DC franchise, and are apparently trying to find different angles to change that.
Cavill first played Superman in 2013 in Zack Snyder's Man of Steel, where the hero committed a taboo by breaking character and killing General Zod.
Today, the voices of a great many Superman fans cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced as Henry Cavill reportedly has left the role of Clark Kent behind. The only good news is they've still got Gal Gadot, Jason Momoa and Ezra Miller on board as Wonder Woman, Aquaman and Flash. According to one insider, the studio is now focusing on doing a Supergirl origin story starring a teen Supergirl, which would call for a younger actor playing Superman.
Henry was last on the big screen in this summer's blockbuster Mission Impossible: Fallout, alongside Tom Cruise.
- Hurricane Helene turns northwestward, not a threat to land
- ‘Trump is a symptom, not the cause’
- Apple says United States tariffs on China would hit 'wide range' of products
- Gov. McMaster declares state of emergency ahead of storm arrival
- Senate Judiciary Committee wraps up Kavanaugh hearing
- Apple Watch Series 4 launched; Price, features and more
- Apple's newest iPhone could have big screen, big price
- Apple is Removing a Classic Feature from the New iPhone 2018 Lineup
- Trump and Apple now at war
- Nadal, Djokovic one win from renewing rivalry in New York