At 8 a.m. the centre of Tropical Storm Isaac was located near latitude 14.4 North, longitude 54.1 West. Isaac is moving toward the west near 15 miles per hour (24 km/h), and this general motion is expected to continue through the weekend.
The hurricane center said Isaac is expected to weaken in the coming few days.
Florence's new eye appears to be stable enough that the storm is unlikely to undergo another eye-wall-replacement cycle; this means that Florence can continue to build in power, which could spell trouble for the US states that lie in the storm's path, Stewart said in the report.
Tropical Storm Isaac, which passed between the Caribbean island nations of Dominica and Martinique late Wednesday and early Thursday, is now moving nearly due west across the eastern Caribbean Sea.
Tropical storm warnings have been issued for Martinique, Dominica, and Guadeloupe. Olivia should weaken through Tuesday but remain a strong tropical storm when it reaches the Hawaiian Islands. A Tropical Storm Watch means that tropical storm conditions are possible within the watch area, in this case within 24 to 36 hours. The winds of Isaac are not expected to affect the Virgin Islands. The storm is expected to slow down and possibly stall near or over the coast on Friday.
Terrifying as the situation is (I am regularly checking on my folks, who abandoned Charleston for the highlands of North Carolina), there is a silver lining. It is moving northwest at 15 miles per hour, according to the NHC's update at 11 a.m. Sept 12.
Ocala and Gainesville have a small chance of receiving tropical storm force wind.
Well, mostly those living in the south coast of the country. Last year's Hurricane Harvey sat over Houston for days, dumping more than 60 inches in some areas.
The 8 a.m. forecast on Hurricane Florence reinforces projections that the storm's path will shift slightly to the southeast as it closes in on the Carolinas.
As of Wednesday afternoon, the storm was not forecast to hit the Cayman Islands, but residents should continue to monitor its progress.
- United and City looking to create El Classico in Manchester
- Fraudsters force people to evacuate as Hurricane Florence approaches
- Klitschko faces must-win bout against Fury
- Top smartphones for gaming
- Henry Cavill exits DC Extended Universe role as Superman
- Canadian pricing for new iPhones ranges from $1,029 to $1,999
- Feinstein forwarded Kavanaugh allegations to investigators
- Apple is Removing a Classic Feature from the New iPhone 2018 Lineup
- Apple India prices revealed; internet explodes with memes
- Why iPhone Xr Is Apple's Most Important Release This Year?